I've just changed out the tubes in one of the kitchen fluoros, two 4 foot LED tubes, VERY impressed by the light output!!

I did have to disconnect the ballast, as the ones stateside are electronic, and not compatible with the LED tubes, but fairly easy even for none electricians, as long as they obey the rule, trip the circuit breaker first!!

These are Jackyled tubes bought off of Amazon, reasonable price too, should pay for themselves within two years.

Off to change out another fitting. I'm on a roll...LOL

• Upvote 1

22 watts brighter than the 40 watts.

Kev, we used to change out in the UK mining industry...

I know that....LOL We used to change a face out when one finished.

More than satisfied with the LED lamps, even the missus said they are brighter than real fluoros, she wants them for her office! each fitting has two tubes, originals were 40watts each, now 22 watts each, almost a 50% saving in electricity.

Well I did say "I know" Mick...LOL

Some more for Kev, "Changing the ropes out" When the mechanical side were changing the winding ropes "at pit" "Changing a pump out" Either replacing a faulty pump or installing a larger pump. "Changing the shearer out" Replacing the shearer with a new machine.

Changing out is a common terminology Kev used by Brits, Aussies and Americans.......So there.. thumbsup

"Towd yer", the ones I changed out were twin 40 watt warm white tubes, changed for 22 watt daylight tubes, far brighter. Over here we have electronic ballasts which are a pain in the butt in very hot weather!!

Those type of ballasts have to be removed, old type switch starts can be left, or removed.

I like bright well lit rooms.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at teh fluorescent replacement tubes it seems they only come in cool white. I prefer warm white myself.

I think they come in a range of colours, some pretty expensive too. Daylight suits me, no bluish tint, just pure white light.

Just one thing, if anyone goes this route, depending on the make, you might have to remove the ballast. Mines that type, as we have electronic ballasts and LED tubes are not compatible with those types of ballasts.

I've "alus" been a bright light fan Kev, nowt under 100 watt bulbs when I lived in the UK.

I've been after one a them "fer" years...LOL

• 3 months later...