Anyone else been here. I went today. Very disappointed. Some nice artefacts but there was no order I could make out. The civil war was one of the most interesting events in our history but there was no reason given or story told in a clear and logical way. Two films showing which made no sense. They spent millions on this museum so it could and should be so much better.

We go into Newark weekly and have watched the building reconstruction since last year. The addition of the extra storey and getting it matched to the original was an excellent job. They spoiled the overall effect somewhat, with the new glass entrance area stuck on the side.

We do intend to visit the centre, but as you say, we've also heard it's rather disappointing. Hopefully, visitor feedback may lead to some tweaks.

When we were in Newark the other week, we thought about visiting, but seven quid admission each?

Went to the butchers across the road, and spent the admission fee on some very nice sausages and pork belly for the BBQ instead.

The Civil War was an interesting period in English History that I have never really fully understood, therefore it's on my list of things to do.

£7 admission, what's wrong with that. It seems very reasonable for a few hours entertainment.

• Upvote 1

I remember days when you could get pi55ed, have a Chinese and a taxi home for that price. LOL

We'll have to give it a visit, especially as we can get in for half price as English Heritage members (owt fer a bargain) then perhaps over to The Saracens Head in Southwell for a bite of summat!!

Saracens Head is good, but not been in for years.

I drove past it twice this morning, and it brought back happy memories.