Sitting here in "Sunny Wolverhampton" looking out at a beautiful "BlueSky" brought to mind this Link I have on my Desktop, saved especially for my cyber buddies in Nottingham. There are some interesting walks to consider, if you fancy a change from your usual routes. Just click on the one that takes your fancy for information. Worth checking out if the walks are still there as well, just in case there has been changes in the area.

http://www.walkinginnotts.co.uk/nottingham.php .

• Upvote 1

Had a lovely walk around Calverton today taking in Spindle Lane, Fox Wood, Dark Lane, Carrington Lane etc,ending up in the new café ' Coal & Lace ' for a cup of tea and toasted tea cake, very nice. if you are in Calverton give it a try, the owners are local and friendly and the food is lovely, I really recommend it...

• Upvote 1

Thanks Gibbo, it's always pleasing to find new cafés.

I could see for miles today Stu because of the nice weather. Took my binoculars and was lucky enough to see a pair of buzzards making the most of the thermals over Woodborough.

I could see for miles today Stu because of the nice weather. Took my binoculars and was lucky enough to see a pair of buzzards making the most of the thermals over Woodborough.

It's great to see the buzzards. I've seen them from time to time around Woodborough, Lambley and Lowdham Grange. Another of my favourite views is from up at Ploughman Wood looking down over Woodborough and beyond. All nice, mate.

Where abouts is the new cafe? When I'm in Calvo I use Catherine's bakery, opposite the Gleaners.

It's at St Wilfred's Square. Den.

https://maps.here.com/directions/drive/mylocation/Coal-Lace:53.03705,-1.08242?map=53.03705,-1.08242,12,normal&fb_locale=en_GB&x=ep

• Upvote 1

The Boat Club to Grindon Crescent was somewhat forced rather than through choice..spent the cab fare on booze! Trotting down the centre of Bentinck and Radford Rd. at 2am was interesting.. ( no one mugs a running man.)

A Nottm walk I wouldn't like to repeat.