#21. Iandawson, I prefer the more mature one myself !

#24. mercurydancer. Yes, Tesco in Bulwell keep a plentiful supply in stock there but never seen it on draught though !

• Upvote 1

I'm quite partial to a cheeky young or robust one...wine that is!!

Back in the 60s I was partial to a little 'Chateau Basford'...............called 'Shippo's nut brown'........very intoxicating when supped not sipped......

• Upvote 1

Blue Nun, and Tiger Milk were two more early wines to hit the shops in the 60's. Still see BN, but the Tiger must have dried up.

Yes remember Luncheon Ale Ian,can't remember what brewary though,.............also recall Tiger Milk fly..........Blue Nun very popular.,but for knocking the girl-friends 'bandy'.........'Mateus Rose' was the one in that lovely shaped bottle,when you'd supped it it became a great Candle-holder for the next time.......flickering candle light and 'hic' you know i love you...........lol.

Luncheon Ale was Home Ales I think, but possibly Shippos. Nice too.

Bass used to brew a good one called Amber Ale, which I only ever saw in Yates's offy on Market St. That was wonderful stuff.

I also remember Chianti in those round bottomed bottles with raffia wrapped around the bottom. Probably to cushion the fall if you dropped it.

Carrying on from the blue nun, mateus rose days for the girls, what about the following?

Cinzano and lemonade,

Brandy and babycham,

Pernod and lemonade,

dry or sweet martini,

Rum and black,

Dubonnet with lemonade,

Campari with soda,

Vodka with orange or lime,

Bacardi and coke ,

Tia Maria,

Creme de menthe,

Snowball !!!!!!

Nottingham sophisticates on a Saturday night down the Hippo club ( and that was just the staff )

• Upvote 2

First time i drunk Wine i was 15 or 16,me and a mate were babysitting for an uncle/Aunt on Leybourne drive and we'd purchased a couple of litres of a Spanish Wine called Tarragona............on my way home fell over a low edge on Hove road and spent most of the night there,...........Uncle/Aunt never requested my services again...............lol.

Had em all . Not on the same night though.

One memorable evening was in the Admiral Duncan before a Screaming Lord Sutch, Social Deviants gig.

8 pints or so and about 20 vodka and limes. Floating!

• Upvote 1

Bloody hell Hippo,you did'nt hang about did you,...........no wonder i only took you out the once................lol.

• Upvote 1

Sherwood Rooms, that was it! Black Uruhu were on too, or possibly the following week.

It's finally taking its toll on me now nearly 60 years later.

Cherry B

Pony

MD 20/20

QC sherry

Diamond White

Dry Sack

Barley Wine

All destroyed so many good nights of mine.only beverage I still enjoy from pavement pizza past is Remy Martin and Ricard....as for Blue Sapphire Gin.....QMC!!!!!!!

RE #40. It's just come back to me in a flash of nostalgia. It was the Rainbow Rooms, not the Sherwood Rooms.

It was the evening of the urinating in the sink in the ladies toilets episode. If eps you member was there, sorry ladies!