HG

I have lost 6 teeth to abscesses, the pain and swelling can be awful, I have a real dental phobia because of this, so usually leave it till too late and have tooth removed.

Anti antibiotics are the way to go to get the infection under control, then sort the tooth out one way or another, I prefer to get rid of the offending tooth rather than root canals etc. the less time they spend in my mouth the better, and far cheaper !

Root canals can work but sometimes don't, so for me get the damn thing out. One less to bother me.

I have genuinely considered going into hospital and have the rest of mine out under a general anesthetic and have dentures, so much easier and no more tooth ache or dentists, ever.

Sorry to hear you have suffered ,like me Banjo....it is horrible.......

I don't have a dentist phobia ( go every 3 months to have them cleaned ) but last year, when I had a tooth extraction , I ended up in AE because the bleeding didn't stop !!!! So sympathy to everyone with a dental phobia, you not alone and nobody likes going .....

My mum, like many of her generation had all her teeth out in her early 30 s, no further problems.....

I am on day 2 of antibiotics, still feeling c..p , can't put me lippy on straight, but got imagine dragons on full blast !!!!!!

• Upvote 2

The thing is to put your red lippy on slightly askew, then surely your face will look normal ! Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

Tooth abscess was the worst pain I'd ever had till I had ischemic colitis, I'd say they're about equal = bad, I wouldn't wish either of them on my worst enemy. Hope you soon feel better Hippo Girl.. xxx

• Upvote 1

I've always been a big fan of milk. Drank it like a fish from a very early age when we used to get one pasteurised and one "stera" from the CO-OP milkman every day. Even now I could easily drink 2 or 3 pints a day. What does this have to do with toothache you are wondering. Well, I'm 47 years old with no fillings whatsoever and, touch wood, no toothache to speak of. All those lessons in junior school telling me to drink my milk for healthy teeth and bones seem to have paid off so far.

• Upvote 1

#21. Catfan has got puss on the brain, but he rather likes it.

• Upvote 2