Was saying to Margie at the meet-up yesterday..........her husband Paul reminded me of someone.........and it came to me a few minutes ago...........Jack Wheeler stalwart of Notts county with Jimmy Sirrell,i met him a few times real nice chap..............which inturn made me think of other people ive known over the years that were 'Dead Ringers' for someone famous.............yesterday for instance met PP Terry.......alias George Cole.............at school there was Elvis,Tony Curtis,Kirk Douglas,.............to say nowt of ex.girlfriends........Millie (my boy Lollipop) Sandie Shaw,Dusty Springfield, to name but three lol.........my mother always reminded me of Joy Beverley and Dad was Sid James...and best of all had an Uncle Terry Thomas...........you got/had any famous lookalikes ?

• Upvote 1

I say that because he had a large Jimmy Edwards job.

One open night ( parent/teacher night ) in 21st century speak my Mum turned up in a short kaftan top..orange Lee coopers and no shoes!

I was mortified.. next day ..lads said me Ma was smokin' hot!!

Well looking at the meet-up pics , my famous double seems to be benjamin45 himself !

If you ever need a stunt double ......!

Though unlike Ben , I am a bit ragged round the edges ! 

With Mrs W and our half-Dutch g.daughter  .

31653563701_2ca24bda25.jpg

• Upvote 5

Bloody Nora David...you not wrong................but also like me you have nice lookers around you......................

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, catfan said:

#5.

Surely that's a mick2me double !

So there are 3 of us . Someone had a fast bike ! :)

Funny thing is David..........just looked at your interests etc. also very similar..............lol.

It is in't it...................scuse me a minute or two just going to shave me tash off..........lol................showed wife and daughter your picture,they reckon you better looking.......but only a bit............lol...............nice one David..........

• Upvote 1

That is a nice photo of David's.. Lovely smile on the little girl!.

Lived in Holland and spent a lot of time in Groningen.. a very nice housing estate that was let out to students etc..no mess or shenanigans either!...

Discovered my passion for roll mop herrings.

Benjamin, I've looked up some photos of Jack Wheeler -  also the statue - and I can't see the resemblance, but pleased you've remembered who it was!  

• Upvote 1

Knew you'd look him up Margie.................but that's who he looks like to me...........we all see people different I suppose...........I mean some reckoned I look like bloody 'Alf Garnett'......................lol.

• Upvote 2

Whatever one might have said about Alf.  No one could ever have accused him of being politically correct.:rolleyes:

Over here they did a copycat version of 'Til Death.  Called it, 'All in the Family.'  The protagonist was a guy named Archy Bunker.  Not a patch on Alf.  They had to tame it down as they were afraid they would lose advertising revenue.   They tended to do that with a few British sitcoms, not too many original thinkers I guess.  Always watered them down though.

Ben, I'm sure you don't really look like Alf.  Its hard to tell from a group photo taken at a distance. :biggrin:  Do you stand and salute when they play the national anthem on the telly?  Have a photo of Winston Churchill on your wall?

Its funny how we form a mental picture of folks on the site, unless they post a recent photo.  I suppose we all tend to think of ourselves in our twenties and thirties.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

Talking of look-a-likes.......in the Sun today there are some real dead-ringers ....Danny DeVito....Obama....Morgan Freeman.....even George Clooney huh' among others.........met my Dopple-ganger in a Hotel lift a couple of years ago,.....stepped in and this bloke stood looking at me.....and we both cracked up laughing.......couldn't converse much though........turned out he was German................

Thanks Loppy............thing is ive just looked it up and Ben is the most popular boys name in Germany.........and Paul is 3rd.........im sure you all wanted to know that................lol.

• Upvote 2
  • 6 months later...

Which one is our Catfan and which is Kojak? First one with the correct answer gets a lollipop.

Catfan_Kojak.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Talking of Look a likes' Mick.............have you seen your 'dead ringer' in Bulwell ?...............been meaning to mention before..........see him in 'Wethers' couple of times a week........often with a woman............he's not quite as good looking as you.......and never speaks to me.....but looks wise he's the nearest you could get to your double...........

• Upvote 1