I know this bares no relation to anything Nostalgic,but ill tell you anyway. I just came back from my boxing class & feeling hungry I had salada biscuits with avacado & chilli sauce on the top ,how weird is that or is it normal & i've been missing out iknow

No I don't think that's weird, afterall you are aussie and a Girly one to boot......but dabbling in the art of the Marquis of Queensburys rules dosen't that make your foundation run?

I know this bares no relation to anything Nostalgic,but ill tell you anyway. I just came back from my boxing class & feeling hungry I had salada biscuits with avacado & chilli sauce on the top ,how weird is that or is it normal & i've been missing out iknow

I've known females to eat like that when they are PREGNANT smile2

Frank Posted on Jul 31 2006, 08:01 PM

I've known females to eat like that when they are PREGNANT 

Lets hope it's not mine then Frank...strange things can be done with Turkey Baste and Par Avian.. :victory: .

I only touched the mouse :blink: Nobody told me that could happen :Fool: Marquis of Queensbury is that the rules of boxing Den? we don't have any rules ,well we do but not like the old days . I had to punch 650 times last night,i feel as if ive done a few rounds with Joe Bugner !situp!

Yes Caz they are the rules...what do you mean LIKE THE OLD DAY'S bare knuckle fighting?.... blood, snot and broken noses and ears of an Elephant? :Kiss:

I like women who can look after themselves especially when I get into a fight....I never do have change for two bus rides home...... !fly!

When my wife was carrying my second child I had a craving for Pickled onions strange that because I hate Cheese & Onion crisps [ chips for the yanks out there]

now Cheese I love...Blue Stilton.....yummmmmmmmmy.... :victory:

Going of track a bit but I've ordered 72 bottles of JHB today over the tintanet..that will see me through until the end of August.....06.... !cheers!

Yes Caz they are the rules...what do you mean LIKE THE OLD DAY'S bare knuckle fighting?.... blood, snot and broken noses and ears of an Elephant? :Kiss:

I like women who can look after themselves especially when I get into a fight....I never do have change for two bus rides home...... !fly!

When my wife was carrying my second child I have a craving for Pickled onions strange that because I hate Cheese & Onion crisps [ chips for the yanks out there]

now Cheese I love...Blue Stilton.....yummmmmmmmmy.... :victory:

Going of track a bit but I've ordered 72 bottles of JHB today over the tintanet..that will see me through until the end of August.....06.... !cheers!

We call chips CHIPS too Den,another similarity with the US. What's the beer you ordered? sounds like you ordered a lot,& you think I'm heavy on the grog? :blink: I like Blue Stilton too,but only in small amounts,it can be a little too mature sometimes ,makes me eyes water when it's like that. Good thing is whilst you are eating that Den, they won't be able to smell your feet !sickly! !rotfl!

The beer I've ordered is JHB made by the Oakham Brewery in Peterborough. I order it in quantity because there is a five pound delivery charge so the more you order the less the cost on each bottle......works out to be £1-36 per bottle..4.2%ABV only at that ABV in the 500ml bottle.. !hand! pintglass.jpgjhb(3).JPG

In Case you did'nt know Frank, Den is a Real Ale fan :rolleyes:

Me too Mick. Member of CAMRA. Love nothing more than a good hand pull (sorry) hand pulled keg bitter at 12 deg C. mmmmmmmmmmmm

The only beer I like cloudy is Wheat Beer !cheers!

Yes Frank, I saw the other Sig.

Maybe I should try some of this stuff.

One pint I did enjoy once was beer in the Guests bar at Shippos Brewery.

Also they did a good pint of Shippos in the Loggerheads, Broad Marsh

Yes Frank, I saw the other Sig.

Maybe I should try some of this stuff.

One pint I did enjoy once was beer in the Guests bar at Shippos Brewery.

Also they did a good pint of Shippos in the Loggerheads, Broad Marsh

Got to ask Mick - after Shippo's did you spend a lot of time in the 'little room' ? smile2

No Problem Frank, But after drinking at the brewery, I got the impression that

Shippos beer was only as good as the care that was taken of it.

Or that it didnt travel well!

• 4 weeks later...

Strange that barnze/frank! I have been promising myself that I will join the Camra organisation but never seem to get around to it even thou I read the Nottingham Drinker every month......

Never tried the Shipstones Mild but I did go through a phase of drinking Mansfield Mild when I was in my late twenties.....I see where they are pushing the Mild trail yet again that's something I will have to try.......

Since posting last time on this topic I have ordered another six crates of JHB uped it by one crate just enough to see me through to the time I start brewing my own for the chrismas period..................

Castle rock brewery have started selling their Elsie Mo in bottles as well as Hemlock Bitter in my local supermarket [Asda] I sent Castle rock an email asking them if I could order several crates of it, you know what they said? basically they told me to go and bye it from a pub and pay top price for it, that was nice of them.....NOT.....so obviously I contacted Oakhams and placed my order with them.............Losers....

post-25-1156524620_thumb.jpg

Shippo's Mild - Used to think it was a girlies drink until I started mixing it with the bitter on the odd occasion when we used to visit other shippo's pubs on darts nights. Of course, I only mixed it when the bitter was not kept well by mein host - don't want you thinking I'm some sort of wuss who can't take straight Shippo's Bitter (even if you did suffer in the little room after ). smile2

Had a short period of drinking mixed (maybe 2 years) right up to the time Shippo's was bought out by that Midlands Company (Wolverhampton Brewery???)

I never took to mix frank tried it on several occasions but went back to me Bitter..

I worked with a lad for over twenty years who drank nothing but mixed sorry to say he died just after he retired at fifty with an heart attack wether the mix had anything to do with it I will leave that to you to make up your mind.......

Never really got into Lager too cold for my stomach to take anyway I don't find it pleasent to drink [no taste] anyroadup give me Harvest pale and I will be happy to the cows come home...or JHB or Elsie Mo or Bishops Farewell or Pale Rider or Summer Lightning just to mention a few........

You see what you have made me do I have left it that late it's to late to go out now....just one hour left to get a drink in, never mind I still have several bottles of JHB I can start on and several bottles of Whiskey to sample, which I had been given me for my birthing day.....eeny meeny minee mo which bottle will have to go........ :yahoo:

Shippo's Mild was great stuff.

Shippo's also did a @Nut Brown', Bit of a weird taste as I remember.

Someone once told me that Manns Brown Was Kimberly mild, not sure if thats right?

post-25-1156801577_thumb.jpg

Strange that barnze/frank! I have been promising myself that I will join the Camra organisation but never seem to get around to it even thou I read the Nottingham Drinker every month......

Never tried the Shipstones Mild but I did go through a phase of drinking Mansfield Mild when I was in my late twenties.....I see where they are pushing the Mild trail yet again that's something I will have to try.......

Since posting last time on this topic I have ordered another six crates of JHB uped it by one crate just enough to see me through to the time I start brewing my own for the chrismas period..................

Castle rock brewery have started selling their Elsie Mo in bottles as well as Hemlock Bitter in my local supermarket [Asda] I sent Castle rock an email asking them if I could order several crates of it, you know what they said? basically they told me to go and bye it from a pub and pay top price for it, that was nice of them.....NOT.....so obviously I contacted Oakhams and placed my order with them.............Losers....

I drank the Mansfield Bitter when it was real ale Den! Not long afterwards they were ordered to update their brewery to closed vessels and they then started to sell the pasturised rubbish. It was never the same without the odd drowned rat giving it taste..

That's very true john a dead rat or to never did it any harm in fact as you say it gave it a distinct body..............

Shippoes Nut brown if I remember right was just called Nut Brown....also they did a Star pale Ale which was nice....

mick2me Posted on Aug 28 2006, 10:46 PM

Someone once told me that Manns Brown Was Kimberly mild, not sure if thats right? 

Not heard that before mick....

Would that be India Pale Ale (IPA) Den?

ipa.jpg

The History of India Pale Ales:

Originally developed in the late 1700's, British breweries would send beer via sail to the troops and British expatriots in India. Problem was, there was no refrigeration and the ocean voyage took nearly five months. As a result, the beer would usually arrive in compromised condition. Well, the brewers of the time didn't know as much about beer as we do today, but they did know that both hops (where we get the bitterness in beer) and alcohol act as natural preservatives. So, they came up with a brew that was intensely hopped and rather high in alcohol --- thus the birth of the "India Pale Ale."

www.stonebrew.com

well i`m off to chatsworth game fair in the morning and you will find me at the sloegin bar sampling their products as well as tucking into some of the finest venison burgers around.