Hi people,

This is just a flying visit because my life is so busy at the moe. Back to the question.. Why is it so warm this winter? is there a real reason for it because its getting weird . Hope all is well with you all iv not had chance to look thouth the posts in the last month. I will talk more soon and let you guys and gels know what iv been up too i have lots of tales to tell :-> hahaha all about nottingham of course well i think long eaton is nottingham?

!!Anyway!!

Why is it so warm this winter?

This global warming is a load of b*llocks, the earth has been going through hot and cold phases for millennia, we are only just coming out of the last ice age so what do you expect. :Friends:

I agree Den

Good Excuse that the Government can impose various 'Environmental taxes' upon us! Like the recent extra tax placed on Flights.

When that environmental bod remonstrated with Blair for Flying, he should have replied " What do you want us to do, Stop all air flights?"

The bod said, " you increase the insulation in your house to save the environment,

then fly off on your holiday the next day, and the plane does more damage to the

environment!" TOSH! Thats what I say!

If you look from outer space to where we are [ united Kingdom] on the plant, we are just a little speck, if you look for the United States and China they are massive in comparison....if they don't give a jot what differance will we make?..as you say mick it's a con to get more taxes out of everyone.. who really gives a shite anyway, this planet will be vaporised in five Billion years time, if not sooner.

How do I do my bit and get the wife to stop producing vast amounts of methane between the hours of bed time and when the work alarm goes off !! wwheeeew smile2

pass me the GAS MASK :crazy:

Well it is global warming though Den! Sure it's a load of BS about us mere humans causing it. One volcano blowing it's top causes more pollution in a mere few days than we as humans have produced in our time on Mother Earth.

One thing the government paid scientists who have a vested interest in looking after their highly paid jobs are not telling everyone, is, all the planets are getting hotter due to unexplainable solar activity.

There is also a source of cosmic acitivity hitting us from deep space, nobody knows where it's coming from! It could be the cause of our own suns unexplained extra solar acitvity.

BTW, it's friggin bitter here at the moment!!

Nice to see it's warm where you are, my kids yesterday morning sprayed the garden hose on the driveway and in a few minutes, it was like an ice skating rink!!! They were sliding down the driveway on sleds!! I can't remember it ever being this cold here!!!

Yeh I saw you were getting a freezing winter Elaine, it's a balmy 28F here at the moment, big change from the 11F it was yesterday at this time.

Nice to see it's warm where you are, my kids yesterday morning sprayed the garden hose on the driveway and in a few minutes, it was like an ice skating rink!!! They were sliding down the driveway on sleds!! I can't remember it ever being this cold here!!!

What part of Alaska have you moved to Elaine. :Kiss:

We have had a load of cold air from Canada Den, it's them stupid Canadians, thought if they sent it all south that they'd have a warm winter... smile2

Did you know Den, the coldest recorded temperature in the lower 48 was recorded in California??? Most folk plump for North Dakota or Montana, but no, it was recorded in California.

Did you know Den, the coldest recorded temperature in the lower 48 was recorded in California??? Most folk plump for North Dakota or Montana, but no, it was recorded in California.

When and where?

Did you know Den, the coldest recorded temperature in the lower 48 was recorded in California???  Most folk plump for North Dakota or Montana, but no, it was recorded in California.

When and where?

Somewhere near Immigrant Pass in the high Sierras on Interstate 80 Mick.. Lowest recorded temp in the lower 48.. Googgle it!

Most folk forget they have some high mountains in Northern California..

Huh, TV weather reporters messed that up!!! I googled and came up with Montana minus 69.7 at Rogers Pass..

We have had rain in the last couple of days,not much but some which has to be good. We are having problems running the spa at the moment,if we run it until it's full it fills with sand & thats not good,sand in your crevices!!!

I mowed the paddock today only 5 acres, took me all day but I couldn't see any sign of the rain we have had.

I've been sitting on the verandah watching the rabbits & wallabies & asking my self why I live where I do...........................aah yes now I know smile2

Look Caz if you persist on winding me up I might come over and live next to you, now you wouldn’t want that now would you?

Did I tell you my house is up for sale… :Kiss:

A pleasant???41C. at my place yesterday and heading for the same today.

No sign of rain for us yet.

My Lawn,Or what passes for lawn,crunches when I walk on it. :blink:

Baz :ph34r:

We have had rain on & off since Friday,not heaps but enough to wash some of the dust from the recent bushfires away. I am sooo glad I finished mowing the paddock yesterday,just in time for last nights downpour. Still not cold though,just a little cooler.

I am a little concerned about our Autumn festival which takes place in Bright in May,lots of leaves are falling to the ground,it resembles early Autumn,& that's the reason people visit from all over Oz to see the trees in all their Autumnal glory, not this year me thinks?

Gee Caz, what do you use for a lawnmower?? Time you got a ride on! I'm looking for a four foot PTO driven for my little 17 horse Kabota tractor for the house 6 acres.

The big five foot rough cuts OK for the fields, but doesn't do a good enough job on straight lawn mowing..

I've got a ride on Ayup,but i'm such a perfectionist that I mow it until it looks like a golf course!! Stupid I know but I love to sit on the verandah afterwards & admire it,. Yeah I know I need to get out more tee hee!

I've got a ride on Ayup,but i'm such a perfectionist that I mow it until it looks like a golf course!! Stupid I know but I love to sit on the verandah afterwards & admire it,. Yeah I know I need to get out more tee hee!

I'll bet if you'd been mowing a paddock all day in the hot blazing sun that youd pay so much attantion to your lawns.. ;)