What's happened??

Help ! I've suddenly lost my ability to change any settings. I can only see all activity. Cannot see notifications, pms, check leaderboards etc.

Has something been altered or updated. Or have I cocked it up somehow?

Tried that Phil., it's ok on my other tablet but I must have touched something on this one but don't know what. I might delete it and try re-downloading it. Unless of course CT can come up with a solution. B.

17 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Tried that Phil., it's ok on my other tablet but I must have touched something on this one but don't know what. I might delete it and try re-downloading it. Unless of course CT can come up with a solution. B.

What is it that you might be deleting and re-downloading ?   

Are you accessing NS from a bookmark ?     

Delete the bookmark, and then do a search for NS as though you'd never seen it before.

I can’t get at pms or notifications on my phone (no little envelope or bell) so have to go to

someone’s  profile and click

on ‘Message’

Been like tnat for ages 

CT  I’ll try what you Suggest as I use a bookmark.  Thanks

I'm not quite sure CT. I don't know where to find a bookmark. Had a look on Apps in Settings but NS not in there. Don't know where to look next. Can't sign out or in.

Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what is meant by a bookmark and how do I find it. If I'm looking at something else then I close that and on home screen I tap on NS which I have put there.

11 hours ago, Beekay said:

If I'm looking at something else then I close that and on home screen I tap on NS which I have put there.

The thing you tap on is, effectively, a bookmark. Delete it from your homescreen. Then search for Nottstalgia as though you'd never been there before.

CT., did what you suggested and reinstalled it, but just the same. Attached is poor copy of the icon, which different to what it used to be...

Screenshot-20230920-100737-One-UI-Home.j

10 hours ago, Beekay said:

This is the only heading I can get now...

Screenshot-20230919-234543-Chrome.jpg

The only other suggestion I can make is.....

Click on the three black dots at top right.

That should enable you to scroll down to an option called 'Desktop Site'....which might bring back the missing features.

CT.,that was the very first thing I did but to no avail. I can only think I must have touched/swiped or whatever and this has wiped off all the commands, i.e search, pm,notification,

Leaderboard etc. Everything still normal on my old tablet so will have to check with that. Thanks anyway. B.

@Cliff Ton, another request for assistance from your vast knowledge.

RadFordee has been in touch and said she is unable to log on to NS as she has forgotten her password. Is there any way she can get help to find her password?

Cheers, Barrie.

Unfortunately denshaw and myself are only Moderators and don't have any powers with Admin topics. The only person who can do that is Mick2me, and he's not very often here.

One way around the problem might be for Radfordee to create a new account; ie - go back and pretend she's never been here before.

When doing that there are two things to remember:

1. Don't use the same email address as previously.

2. Don't use the same name (eg. use Radfordee2 or similar).

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Just discovered that I can no longer get into my PMs. Maybe it's not something you've done, Beekay. I've tried to send @RadFordeea PM but I'm not sure I've been successful.

Jill, good morning. At the moment I don't think RadFordee would be able to read PMs anyway. However, I am in contactact with her on email and Whatsapp, so if you need either I can email them to you. Let me know.x

3 hours ago, Hey Arnold said:

@Jill Sparrow I'm in direct contact with her on the opposite settee if you want to go through me 

Are you trying to do me out of my interpreters job Mick?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1