Was any member of your family a professional wrestler?

Were you a professional wrestler?

In the 1950s, 60s and 70s millions of people enjoyed watching professional wrestling.

Many of those wrestlers are now largely forgotten.

Wrestling Heritage is an innovative website dedicated to all professional wrestlers active at any time in the years 1945 to 1988. It is the only wrestling website dedicated to the classic years of wrestling that contains entirely original comment.

Wrestling Heritage is the only British website giving professional wrestlers the respect they deserve.

Have a look at Wrestling Heritage and discover that this is a serious record of the classic years of British wrestling.

If you, or a member of your family was involved in professional wrestling during the years 1945-1988 then we would like to hear from you.

Let us give every professional wrestler a place in history.

Please contact us at theriotsquad.co.uk

theriotsquad.co.uk ?

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

Just edited your email, to fool Spambots.

Yes tell us about this wrestling stuff.

Takes me back to the 60's.

What was the name of that guy with the Mohecan?

What was the name of that guy with the Mohecan?

Billy Two Rivers?

'Masambula',wrestling at the Victoria Baths, terrified my cousin - he was the first black man she had ever seen!

Cheers

Robt P.

• Upvote 1

Masambula, he of the head butts. Great night out. I used to go with my Dad and Uncle Frank, (first Monday of the month????).

Les Kellet, Jacky(Mr t.v.)Pallo, The Royals(Vic Faulkner and Bert Royal),Mick McManus,and I even saw Jimmy Saville on one occasion.I could go on but I'll let someone else name a few. LOL

;)

I too was a Wrestling fan of sorts but never took it as serious as those who sat on the front row of seats at the Festival Trowel every month.

It was more a laugh than anything else, a bit what it’s like now days in fact, when I have seen wrestling in these so called Holiday camps I have to walk out it’s so pathetic to watch.

Not been to the smack down series at the Nottingham Arena but have been told it’s a great nights entertainment at a very high price but worth every pound.

I suppose it’s the razzmatazz that accompanies the sport these days that attracts the punters but I’m afraid no matter how much hype accompanies the sport I for one won’t be going to watch.

Well that’s what I think.

Bip. girlvboy

Mmmmm bet you wouldn't say that if it was female mud wrestlers would you ugh?? ;)

Now that’s a different kettle of fish Caz. Or is that catfish.

Bip. B)

• 6 months later...

Wrestling Heritage is almost eight months old.

We already have over seventy articles on-line and there are many more ready for publishing.

We intend to make the festive period really special for old time wrestling fans like yourself with some of our best articles yet....

Start Christmas celebrations right now and commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of an authentic World Heavyweight Champion visiting British rings in A Legend In Our Midst.

Coming soon...

A superb piece that recalls the Specialty Manoeuvres that made our favourites really special.

Later this month Ray Noble remembers his days at one of the UKs great venues, and shares his programme collection with Wrestling Heritage readers in Blood, Sweat and Speedway.

Family and friends of a wrestling legend recall the Shy Shooter of the North.

A bumper addition to the A-Z collection, and more from our newly established favourite, FILO.

We'd like to keep you personally informed of developments at Wrestling Heritage and hope invite you to join our new mailing list. Just send us a message with the word SUBSCRIBE in the message title. Our email address is theriotsquad@hotmail.com

After reading all that do remember to check out this weeks addition to our site.

A Legend In our Midst can be found in the Features section.

www.wrestlingheritage.co.uk

Masambula, he of the head butts. Great night out. I used to go with my Dad and Uncle Frank, (first Monday of the month????).

Les Kellet, Jacky(Mr t.v.)Pallo, The Royals(Vic Faulkner and Bert Royal),Mick McManus,and I even saw Jimmy Saville on one occasion.I could go on but I'll let someone else name a few. LOL

;)

Les Kellet was one of the funniest men I've seen, just hilarious!

Johnny Kwango

Adrian Street

Bobby Barnes

Kendo Nagasaki

George Kidd

Mal Kirk

Mike Marino

Jim 'Crybaby' Breaks

Count Bartelli

Steve Vedor

Johnny Czeslaw

Remember watching all these and more at me grannies on a Saturday afternoon, World of Sport with Kent Walton. Followed by the toughest decision of the week - whether to watch Batman or The Monkees on at teatime. Batman usually won.

One of the best wrestlers I saw went to school with me in the 50`s and to University . He was a brilliant `Tag ' wrestler as he was not all that tall. He became a National boxing champ also(Amateur)

Finally became quite a good `Hand Surgeon!

Name Pete Jordan.

Count Bartelski was actor (He was in Kes and lots of other films) Brian Glover

Apparently he was at a venue when the 'Real Count' didn't materialise and got 'voluntered' for the job of covering for him, he was successfull in the part and stuck with it for many years

• 3 months later...

Check out the recent updates at Wrestling Heritage.

We have now added letters U and V to the A-Z section, and FILO in the features section has continued to grow.

One of our readers is seeking information on a 1950s/60s wrestler named Peter Patridge (or similar). He seems to have everyone stumped so far, but if you have any knowledge of him please let us know. Likewise, if any member of your family contributed to the golden years of British wrestling please do get in touch.

Visit Wrestling Heritage

SEnd a message to Wrestling Heritage

Was in the Festival at Trowel not so many weeks ago for a cheap meal, I happen to mention to the lonely maid behind the bar that I use to come here to watch the wrestling in the late sixties. I asked this lonely bar maid whether or not thair was still wrestling held at the Festival and to my surprise she said ‘yes! Wrestling is still held here.

While taking my order I interspersed the conversation with wrestling questions, it turned out that the lady who was taking my order was in fact a wrestler her self and at that particular time was suffering from aching muscles and bruised bones from a wrestling bout two nights ago.

The meal we had was satisfactory but not quite enough so we decided to indulge ourselves with a pudding to share.

As I place my order for the pudding I was asked if I wanted ice cream or fresh cream with it, we opted for ice cream, when it arrived at our table it not only had ice cream but fresh cream on it as well, the only explanation for this double delight is the conversation I had with this lonely wrestling bar maid, she must have fancy me or failing that felt sorry for me, make your own mind up.

Bip.

Good job she didn't ask if you wanted "Crushed nuts"

Which reminds me, our local ice cream vendor was found dead covered in all his sauces and hundreds and thousands etc .The police decided he topped himself

• 4 months later...

Isn't Nagaski's real name Peter something,,,, can't quite bring it to mind (I knew it when I started typing,,,)

There was an artice in the Sunday rags some time ago about him & his manager (Gorgeous George) & young boys !?!? (public domain)