At the speed of light.

:angry: Had the fright of me life today as if I needed another, after seeing the large cardboard cut out the other week of the police officer standing just inside of me local over priced Co-Op.

I had been in the Co-Op for a four pint plastic bottle of locally brewed milk, when from behind a privet hedge came a whoosh, an old to middle aged lady flashed by at the speed of light across my path riding one of those electric go carts that every old person these days are riding that can afford one on their meagre disability allowance. Another half a second sooner and I would be typing this topic while in hospital having me supper through a straw.

I wouldn’t have minded if she had noticed me and said sorry for going so fast but as it was she made me drop me Snickers bar, of which I’m very affectionate towards, I like them.

Are these go carts of which I might be having in the next twenty years restricted to a top speed and if so I reckon she knows someone who chips them, maybe Scottie off the Starship Enterprise.

Bip. :tease:

LOL Bip. They obviously do a turbo-charged GT version nowadays. But jollity aside, someone is going to get hurt soon, me thinks. I know they are everywhere in the UK, especially around Lancing Sussex, where my m-i-l lives, or any retirement town. They should make folks pass a test or something, just so they have some proper instruction on these scooters or whatever they are called.

Here here and make them have insurance too.One old dear went into the side of my car not causing much damage, but it was her response

"What am I supposed to do about it ,?Ime a pensioner"

then off she goes to terrorise some one else

I really hate that "I'm old so I don't have to be responsible for my actions" attitude. One of the reasons I really am not fond of Florida - it is full of 'em!

;) While on a walkabout in Beeston today I noticed a plethora of them, so I took the time to read what a notice on the front of one of them said. Apparently you can hire one of these shin breakers from the multi storey car park completely free of charge, no wander there was so many about.

I have also seen them abandoned outside of charity shops while the pilot was rummaging through the used bargain throw offs.

While these thoughtful people are going about their daily routine we ably bodied pedestrians are left to negotiate not only their discarded formula one go carts but also advertising furniture which is left just outside the legal distance from the shop entrance, and the spotty yuths bike which has been dropped like as if it was a hot potato, also there is the friendly pooch who as been tied and abandoned there because it wasn’t allowed inside, when approached snarls so viciously at one in as much to say “if you think you are getting by me think again mate.

I reckon Internet shopping has its advantages.

Bip. girlvboy

• 9 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We now know the speed of light is 299,792,458 M/S or roughly 610,6766,29 MPH but what I feel we really ought to know is: What is the speed of dark?

Good point Compo,could the speed of dark be determined by gravity (as in Black holes) I think Chulla might have an opinion on this,maybe around his quantam physics theories

Rog