How about this one?

By the look in your eye I can tell you're gonna cry.

Is it over me? If it is, save your tears

for I'm not worth it, you see.

For I'm the type of boy who is always on the roam,

B) your going to have to make them harder than that Admin :D

:D

WHEREVER I LAY MY HAT (THAT'S MY HOME) Paul Young

By the look in your eye I can tell you're gonna cry.

Is it over me?

If it is, save your tears

for I'm not worth it, you see.

For I'm the type of boy who is always on the roam,

wherever I lay my hat that's my home,

I'm telling you that's my home.

You had romance, did you break it by chance

over me?

If it's so I'd like for you to know

that I'm not worth it, you see.

For I'm the type of boy who is always on the roam, mm,

wherever I lay my hat that's my home,

mm, that's my home.

Oh, you keep telling me, you keep telling me I'm your man.

What do I have to do to make you understand?

For I'm the type of guy who gives girl the eye,

everybody knows.

But I love them and I leave them,

break their hearts and deceive them everywhere I go.

Don't you know that I'm the type of man who is always on the roam,

wherever I lay my hat that's my home.

wherever I lay my hat, oh oh, that's my home, mm yeh,

that's my home

and I like it that way.

Admin

Paul Young 

Who next B!@@dy 'Girls Aloud'? 

I Was looking for Marvin Gaye of course

:ph34r: - Marvin Gaye, Norman Whitfield & Barrett Strong :ph34r:

post-9-1105011052_thumb.jpg

B) If you take another look at my reply you will see that i mention Marvin Gaye as well as two other possible singers of that song :angry:

B) I put Paul Young first because he was the one that wrote it. In the future i will know better... :angry:

B) I put Paul Young first because he was the one that wrote it. In the future i will know better...  :angry:

:ph34r: I feel i must correct myself here, Admin is right and i apologise for my blunder, Paul young wasn't the original writer of that song. :ph34r:

:ph34r: I know mum all work and no play can have that effect. :blink:

No offence old boy :)

Marvin is of course the original. ;)

Paul was probably not even thought about when this song was penned :P

Song: Wherever I Lay My Hat

By Marvin Gaye

Music and lyrics by Barrett Strong, Marvin Pentz Gay Jr., Norman Jesse Whitfield

On album That Stubborn Kinda' Fellow (1963)

Cover

Song: Wherever I Lay My Hat

By Paul Young

Original music and lyrics by Norman Jesse Whitfield, Barrett Strong, Marvin Pentz Gay Jr.

On album No Parlez (1983)

Actually Pauls version of it was quite good, along with another Motown cover of the time. Phil Collins You can't Hurry Love

Great link that by the way www.secondhandsongs.com

OO I loved Marvin Gaye. His voice is synonymous with my school days & the Sante' Fe, warm sunny days, light nights walking along the Trent having a fag & being caught by the local bobby. I used to hate it when he caught us smoking, I was really scared he would tell my mum I was only very young 13/14 maybe?

I don't really like it when other singers sing his songs either, I like to hear the original songs in their true form [my son is a musician] & i'm sure he would be LOL at this as when he first started in the business he always did covers,but it was different with him i'm his mum :rolleyes: Never really liked Paul Young either,he was alway's a bit namby pamby for me.

Caz

• 3 years later...

Motown's Norman Whitfield dies at 68

Norman Whitfield, a Grammy-winning songwriter, producer and arranger for Motown Records whose many hits, including the signature song "I Heard It Through the Grapevine," helped solidify the Motown sound, died Tuesday in Los Angeles. He was 68.

The cause was heart and kidney failure resulting from diabetes, his daughter, Irasha Whitfield, said.

Whitfield, who often wrote both lyrics and music, had more than 450 songs released in his lifetime, his daughter said. Many, including "I Heard It Through the Grapevine," memorably recorded both by Marvin Gaye and Gladys Knight & the Pips, were written with frequent collaborator Barrett Strong. (The tune was by the Funk Brothers.)

For all his renown as a composer, Whitfield was even more prominent as a producer and arranger. He was known especially for his work with the Temptations; he produced many of their recordings for Motown, including the album "Cloud Nine," for which the group won a Grammy in 1967. He also helped usher in the era of psychedelic soul, producing the work of such artists as Edwin Starr and the Undisputed Truth.

Among Whitfield's other hits were "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone," written with Strong. With Eddie Holland, Whitfield wrote "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" for the Temptations, which reached No. 1 on the R&B charts in 1966.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/...normanwhitfield

Anybody know this one?

WHAT WAS IT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR,

UPON THAT FATEFUL NIGHT,

THEY SAID THEY FOUND MY HIGH SCHOOL RING,

CLUTCHED IN YOUR FINGERS,TIGHT.

• 1 month later...