Hi Ayeupmeducks, has the ice storm affected you at all? I saw it on the news last night, what a mess. Trees breaking onto houses, everywhere covered in an inch of ice and no power for the next 10 days. Hope you aren't anywhere near it.

Kath

I would be suprised if he answered you Kate ,cos if his power is down then so is his computer.....................LOL

We got the northern edge of it - freezing rain and crap like that - very bad driving yesterday, but it is sunny now. However, we are not expected to get above freezing for the next 10 days!

South Lyon, Michigan today - High 0C, low -3C, Humidity 80%, Light Snow!

Nottingham, England today - High 4C, low -1C, Humidity 79%, Mostly Sunny!

I do NOT feel sorry for you over there. We are not forecast to see temps above freezing until Dec 21st!

It didn't get this far south Katy, I44 northwards from Texas through Oklahoma, Kansas inot mid Missouri and up to the New England coast.

I've experienced one minor ice storm here and they look nice but make a mess!

Grrr some nasty winter weather heading towards us! Ice storm and forecast 5 to 10 inches of snow between tonight and tomorrow night!

Looks like I could be out on the tractor tomorrow in freezing conditions keeping our driveway clear, all half a mile plus of it to the county road.

I could be out with my kettle of warm water to remove the frost from my windscreen, and maybe some salt to defrost the ten foot of drive to my nearest road, but then again I might not bother and just let the sun do it!!!.......................LOL See there are some advantages to live here still...

Glad you were OK, meducks, hope you don't get socked too much with the latest dollop. You get all your weather from the west, which usually means we got it first! We had a foot of snow on Tuesday of this week.

Finally arrived back in Oz yesterday,(19th Dec). Was -3 when we left London,30 on arrival in Adelaide! Beautiful sunshine clear blue skies,no crowds happy people!

Just a BIG thankyou to Beefy ,Frank and Shirley who came to say `HELLO',SORRY Rob and Dennis did not make it and Mick was working.

I must tell you about something I saw on the way to Hotel after meeting. Saw Hundreds of young women literally falling out of their little black dresses,7 girls in high boots and `Santa suits'(very `mini') and to top it off 3 beautiful girls in black bras,panties and suspender belts and black stockings walking by the Council House(no I was not dreaming ask my wife!)

Thanks once again for taking the effort. Best wishes Stan and Karen.

p.s. have just received this,(might apply to UK also?) !englandflag!

Australian flag - a MUST READ ITS WICKED

> > I am lead to believe,an incident occurred in a supermarket recently, when

> >the following was witnessed: A Muslim woman dressed in a Burkha (A black

> >gown & face mask) was standing with her shopping in a queue at the

> >checkout. When it was her turn to be served, and as she reached the

> >cashier, she made a loud remark about the Australian Flag lapel pin, which

> >the female cashier was wearing on her blouse. The cashier reached up and

> >touched the pin and said, 'Yes, I always wear it proudly. My son serves

> >abroad with the forces and I Wear it for him'. The Muslim woman then asked

> >the cashier when she was going to stop bombing and killing her countrymen

> >explaining that she was Iraqi. At that point, an elderly Gentleman standing

> >in the queue stepped forward, and interrupted with a calm and gentle voice,

> >and Said to the Iraqi woman: 'Excuse me, but hundreds of thousands of

> >Australian men and women, just like this ladies son have fought and

> >sacrificed their Lives so that people just like YOU can stand here, in

> >Australia, which is MY country and allow you to blatantly accuse an

> >innocent check-out Cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen'. 'It is my belief

> >that if you were allowed to be as outspoken as that in Iraq, which you

> >claim to be YOUR country, then we wouldn't Need to be fighting there

> >today'. .'However - now that you have learned how to speak out and

> >criticise the Australian people who have afforded you the protection of MY

> >country, I will gladly pay the cost of a ticket To help you pay your way

> >back to Iraq '. 'When you get there, and if you manage to survive for being

> >as outspoken as what you are here in Australia, then you should be able To

> >help straighten out the mess which YOUR Iraqi countrymen have got you into

> >in the first place, which appears to be the reason that you have come to MY

> >country to avoid.' Apparently the queue cheered and applauded. ...IF YOU

> >AGREE... Pass this on to all of your proud Australian & other Worldly

> >friends.. I just did.............!!! It's nice to be important, but it's

> >more important to be nice. It's also nice to be AUSTRALIAN.

You are very welcome Stan, but next time try to make it a bit longer eh (At least enough time to let us Brits show you a good time in Nott''m)

As a little aside on the subject of cold

I put some boiling water out ( for SWMBO's cats ) at about 11.30 pm and I have just been outside for a stogie and the water was frozen solid.

4 1/2 hours from boiling to solid ice that must mean it's bloody cold here ?????

As a little aside on the subject of cold

I put some boiling water out ( for SWMBO's cats ) at about 11.30 pm and I have just been outside for a stogie and the water was frozen solid.

4 1/2 hours from boiling to solid ice that must mean it's bloody cold here ?????

A few years ago here Ian, we dropped 20F in less than one hour! I have never seen the thermometer drop so much in such a short time during daylight hours! It was about 30F then down to 10F!

A few years ago here Ian, we dropped 20F in less than one hour! I have never seen the thermometer drop so much in such a short time during daylight hours! It was about 30F then down to 10F!

In July last year we had the hottest day on record (It hit 36 degrees C at Gatwick ,Guess who was in the vicinity at the time??) that was on a Tuesday at 1.00pm on the Wednesday evening I said to SWMBO that it had gone rather chilly and when I checked the thermometer it was 14 degrees C a drop of 22 C in a little over 24 hours .I know it's nothing compared to the temperature ranges over the pond but it was a bit of a shocker for yours truley over here