Ayup Neil and welcome to this jolly throng

Which was the Prince Albert (Was it on the Palaise side of the Vic centre next to boots??)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly was, i used to live there. Me and my mate used to rent a place together and then he went and got the job as the landlord of said pub, so he went and made me ass` manager so i could live there as well. I already had a job but used to work the odd night time for him and get paid for it, anyway the flat was on the roof of boots and thats how big the balcony was. The best bar was downstairs just as you walked in.

The Prince Albert always seemed to be playing The Bee Gees on their juke box (Saturday night fever album) when ever I was in there

The Prince Albert always seemed to be playing The Bee Gees on their juke box (Saturday night fever album) when ever I was in there

It's because of that white suit you were wearing Beefy. ;-)

Another one that spent a lot of time in The Prince Albert (and later on The Dog and Partridge across the road.) The Albert kind of changed it's look/name? at one point and started having discos downstairs. Time for a sharp exit...

Did anyone used to use Tony Green's(?) pub (which I have completely forgotten the name of) across from the Palais? Remember he was a Notts fan and used to have a season ticket for himself and his dog!

It's because of that white suit you were wearing Beefy. ;-)

Another one that spent a lot of time in The Prince Albert (and later on The Dog and Partridge across the road.) The Albert kind of changed it's look/name? at one point and started having discos downstairs. Time for a sharp exit...

Did anyone used to use Tony Green's(?) pub (which I have completely forgotten the name of) across from the Palais? Remember he was a Notts fan and used to have a season ticket for himself and his dog!

Greeny had the New Market and later The Britannia on Huntingdon Street. Who could forget his string vests and shorts when serving behind the bar and prices marked in £.s.d.

Greeny had the New Market and later The Britannia on Huntingdon Street. Who could forget his string vests and shorts when serving behind the bar and prices marked in £.s.d.

'Dodger' Green, was an Ex Notts Cop

I am not sure how he got his nicxkname?

Is The Palais still there and open ? During my Nottingham days (1975-1986) I think I only ever went once on Saturday night - with a guy who I worked with and some mates.My working colleagues and his mates lived on Clifton Estate and they told me that if the bouncers asked where I lived not to say I lived there.I was living in Wollaton at the time so I didn't have to ! Mick, Beefy or Den I'm sure you will be able to enlighten me here.Thanks.

It's still there and open, Russ. It's called 'Oceana' these days. They've changed the name back and forth a time or two.

http://www.oceanaclubs.com/nottingham/

They need to update their website smokingkills "2 unique nightclubs and excellent smoking facilities"

The New York Disco used to be called the Bali Hi in my days down there

With that revolving dance floor. !clapping!

the ginger tom use to be a good pub till it got knoked down i remember it being biult roundabout the 60s i remember saying to my mate loch it seams a wasyste of time biulding a pub there

i remember was ther never a lot of poepole went in there but it was a good pub,

i drunk in ther lots of times,

Where was the Ginger Tom ? I remember the name but I can't place it

Where was the Ginger Tom ? I remember the name but I can't place it

the ginger fom was at the end of cowlick road on the rihgtand side just befor the woods i remember thinking when they wer biulding it what a strange place to put a pub im suprised nobody siadowt at the time,

It's still there and open, Russ. It's called 'Oceana' these days. They've changed the name back and forth a time or two.

http://www.oceanaclubs.com/nottingham/

Thanks Stu.I visited the website.Seeing the pic brought back memories.I'm not surprised the building is still there as it maybe listed - Grade 2,maybe ? I sometimes used to go on Wednesday nights - not often,just every now and again.

They need to update their website smokingkills "2 unique nightclubs and excellent smoking facilities"

Yes Frank you are right about a website update." Excellent smoking facilities " definitely taboo.I also remember the Bali Hi.

Is that Ginger Tom the one next to the railway crossings?

Bip.

yes mr bip on the rihgthandside befor the crossing wher also at one time of day there use to be the trollbus trminus; nowday cowlick road not such a bosy road the main rood now is daleside raod wich go nethrefeild; borton joyse; gunthopre; and southwill;

• 7 years later...