Positive Proof Of Global Warming

you are damned if you do and damned dont i think polution and our health is a far more pressing problem there are all sorts of problems now that need addressing pollution and cancer is a biggy .Global warming is subjective and different experts say different things the truth is that man doesent know everything and there is a lot more to learn and discover i think they agree global warming isnt something that will wipe out the human race anytime soon however the crap thats pumped into the atmosphere is affecting us and our children now and thats what the human race needs to concentrate on in turn that will ive no doubt help with the global warming issue.

I'm not totally convinced that global warming/climate change is necessarily down to man's activities. Claiming 97% of scientists believe it to be so is a wild guess. Firstly, nearly all the research grants in this area are given in order to produce statistics that prove it to be so. that means that, irrespective of the truth, the vast majority of publications will be 'pro global warming'. That doesn't necessarily represent a fair view of where the balance of scientific proof is. All studies have been over such a short time (grants are awarded on a 1-3 year basis so conclusions have to be reached in that time) that there is massive margin for error. Heck, it's not so many years ago we were being warned about the impending mini-ice age. Many of the stories supporting climate change have been shown to be false or deliberately misleading. I've see dramatic stories about the disappearance of glaciers on one side of a mountain without reference to the fact that a glacier is extending on the opposite side, apparently a cyclic event. We've seen islands that are now being flooded being used as proof when it's been shown to be caused by dynamiting the reef that protected the island from tidal excesses. these misleading or distorted 'proofs' allow for doubt about how believable much of the other examples are. Heck, they keep trotting out the same footage of a polar bear stranded on an ice floe to demonstrate how bad things are getting, and apparently the footage is from nearly 20 years ago. I don't know to what degree the global climate is changing, and if it is, how much is natural and how much isn't. i also don't know how much it matters. Neither does anyone here ( unless there's a secret climatologist here) so i don't understand why some people are so convinced one way or the other. I'm still keeping a relatively open mind on this.

• Upvote 3

#24 and all your other posts.

Must you be so rude it really does not help your cause in anyway.

And can you please change the record we have heard it all before, time for something new me thinks.

I'm not being rude, just saying it as it is. You believe what you want to believe. If the entire world of science can't convince you - then I surely can't. You either believe in science or magic. Take your pick.

Nothing wrong with a bit of magic now and again.......there are some things that even wonderful science can't explain.

• Upvote 1

Anyone can believe in climate change if there is money in it for them. What does it matter. Like I said earlier, it is no use one tiny overpopulated island making a stand. No one else seems to be bothered. If this world is doomed because of climate change, then nothing is going to change. We might as well join the rest of the world and keep warm cheaply.

But!!! I don't think it's really about climate change. Just follow the MONEEEEE!!!

• Upvote 1

Sorry folks but the notion that a global conspiracy exists to promote climate change for profit is pretty far fetched to say the least. The notion that you only get a research grant if you agree beforehand that your findings will be positive to climate change is just plain bizarre. This would have to be the most ridiculous conspiracy theory ever. Forget the Area 51 aliens, Roswell, and the fake moon landings, they are just playing at it.

We could do with some global warming over here, records for lows being broken daily. We in Missouri are seeing not only lows for overnight temps being broken, but daytime high "low" records are being broken...We are almost 30 degrees F below average for this time of year, 10-12 inches of ice and snow in one storm......Our average snow fall for a season is around 6 inches and that usually falls in early to mid January..

My thoughts are we are heading into a "mini ice age" like the medieval perod and 19th century.

97% of scientists think there is global warming do they? Having worked in an Environmental Research Centre at which one of the subjects being studied was weather patterns and global climate, I am in a position to say that if you wish to study climate change it is near impossible to get funding unless your reseach aims to establish its existence.

That is not to say that it doesn't or does exist; it is just that anyone wishing to disbelieve and prove their case has a much more difficult task thean those wishing to jump on the easy funding bandwaggon.

Compo BSc Environment.

• Upvote 5

Like I say you can't help your self just because people don't agree with your hypothesis you just try to put them down. Not very successfully I might add.

I don't have a hypothesis. The balanced view of the scientific community is that climate change is in the main man made. Until that position changes, then my thoughts are that it must be so. Let's face it, it's a much more balanced view that believing in some kind of secret world order that is hell bent on making money out of it. If you think that view is wrong - then tell me why? Where is your proof other than in some kind of cycle that no-one but you can see?

I don't give a hoot what the scientists say. Like Africa, China, South America and India, I don't want to know. I just want to be able to afford to keep warm.

• Upvote 1

Some of us prefer to listen to what the scientists say with their facts and figures some of us prefer to look at other factors as was mentioned it is only a general view from the so called experts but as in any other area you care to mention the experts never agree so how are they experts i dont pretend to understand but gentlemen might i suggest you look at each others views thats what i am trying to do and sometimes find it very difficult but like me just try .

I see a lot of cities have sounded the warnings, higher than normal radioactivity levels from our west coats to our east coast, has their been a nuclear accident over the last few days??

It wouldn't be the continuing fallout from the Fukushima incident?

This article from 6 weeks ago suggests Fukushima is not going away and since the USA is in the direct path of the global currents from that hot-spot....

http://www.globalresearch.ca/radioactive-debris-on-pacific-ocean-fukushima-radiation-is-tearing-up-the-west-coast-of-the-us-and-canada/5355919

On August 6, 1945, an American B-29 bomber named the Enola Gay left the island of Tinian for Hiroshima, Japan. The uranium 235 gun-type bomb, named Little Boy, exploded at 8:16 a.m. In an instant 80,000 to 140,000 people were killed and 100,000 more were seriously injured.

On August 9, 1945, another American B-29 bomber, Bock's Car, left Tinian carrying Fat Man, a plutonium implosion-type bomb. The primary target was the Kokura Arsenal, but upon reaching the target, they found that it was covered by a heavy ground haze and smoke and were unable drop the bomb. The pilot, Major Charles Sweeney, turned to the secondary target of the Mitsubishi Torpedo Plant at Nagasaki. The bomb exploded at 11:02 a.m. over the narrow Urakami Valley northwest of downtown Nagasaki. Of the 286,000 people living in Nagasaki at the time of the blast, 74,000 people were killed and another 75,000 sustained severe injuries.

I wonder how the nuclear events will compare?