Worst Holiday

Where was you're worst holiday?? Mine was 2 weeks in a caravan in Mablethorpe,although Mablethorpe is fine, it wasn't with 2 kids, nothing to do,& it rained for a whole 2 weeks!! i'm not kidding,& to make matters worse we didn't have a car so we couldn't even pack up & leave early. Even had to put on our wellies to go to the loo...........ahhh the memories :rolleyes:

Oh my god & I thought mine was bad. Your poor wife,did she still horse ride after that or did it put her off horses for life?

My worst was Newquay in Cornwall. Hubby borrowed a tent and off we went.We found out the the thing leaked like a sive so spent most nights sleeping in the car.Half way thro I had a miscarriage and had to spend a night in hospital.Needless to say I've never been there since. :unsure:

What I thought was a disastrous holiday for me pales into insignificance, after reading your guys experiences!!

Just having got back from Florida, this year we flew from Manchester. Cheap flight, too bloody cheap. It's now so cheap to go that the plane was full of the worst people I have ever travelled with.

Now I am no snob but what must the Americans think of the British seeing these 'Hillbillies'disimbark the aircraft. :o

The 'Brits' have the worst behaved kids in the world!

That's why we get out of Orlando and down to the Keys, to get away from the wretched British. <_<

Welcome back Mick :P

We missed you,this place just hasn't been the same has it boys?????

BOYS,I'm talking to you :)

post-25-1107569454_thumb.gif

You're quite right Caz, it's definitely not been the same!

at least we've had chance to clear our heads and post some real topics for a change.. :)

and he'll not find it so easy on those quizzes he's been setting for us either..

cos while he's been away, I've been doin' some swatting up! :blink:

so, come on then Mick! .. give us ya best shot!

ilko..

post-25-1108926128_thumb.gif

• 6 years later...

For many years we would drive to Florida in the winter from Ontario to Naples.Over the years we had hot weather,Wet Weather and some real cool weeks,but 1989/90 was the pits.Just pick up a new 1990 Pontiac Bonneville SSE that morning,so we left around 4 PM Friday.Drove through the night,just south of Lexington the road was covered in junk that fell of the back of a truck and then bang i blew a tire on one of coldest nights(-25).Had my Goose down Parka on and was still freezing.Lost a hour but got to Knoxville 10am, Atlanta 2pm.Stopped in Macon for the night Saturday .Left early Sunday morning 4 30.I notice north bound cars covered in Snow.crossed the State line in to Florida and HWY 75 turn in to a skating rink,Cars and trucks in the ditch. Hwy.Managed to pull across to the north bound Lines and head back to Georgia State Line were we spend the day till the HWY75 had been salted.As i recall we spend only 3 weeks as it was so cold.The following year it was fabulous. weather.

went on last minute deal to turkey (first time abroad) it was unbelievably good! couldn't believe it. tried for such the next year but prices too expensive so settled on rhodes, what a s....hole! flat about a mile (uphill) to nearest town Afantou, swamp between us and the beach, about another mile, trenches and pill boxes (german) when you got there from ww2 ! and what bars there were full of krauts, that plus about 7 million mozzies, bubbles who couldn't be bothered re any query, decent service etc and the lunacy of falaraki made me glad I got ill and an emeg flight home plus compo, lol

• 2 weeks later...

Douglas, Isle of Man: Went one November and the landlady griped at me for turning the radiator on in the room. When I left she charged me for breakfast but didn't provide one as she didn't serve breakfast until after the first boat had left. Worra dump.

I've never really had a bad one, as I was always told (And have tried to live by it ) "Life is what you make it" !! If you find something wrong with what you've paid for , complain! If you still recieve no satisfaction , complain louder !

SWMBO has just remnded me that when we went to Tunisia in 2005 we had a dreadful time in the arrivals hall as 4 planes arrived at the same time and there were only two check in desks open. It was stiflingly hot and there was nowhere to even get a drink of water !! Other than that it was great.

And we had a long delay coming home from Corfu in 2001 as there was a massive electrical storm over the airport that wouldn't budge, and on arrival they put us in this appartment that stank and was full of mossies, after a quick word with the 'rep' she moved us to a palace' (By comparison) but once again the holiday itself was brilliant as I'd learned a little Greek before we went out, thus getting fantastic service in the restaurants etc !

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

on a par with a holiday to Spain with the other halts family on his father's side, all of which took a disliking to me, I heard them calling me numerous times, made me feel very unwelcome, took every opportunity to have ago at me, even told my other half to end the relationship & send me home! I still don't talk to them to this day but I'm still with the other half.

or Cornwall this summer, with a toddler which meant everything we did had to be for her which I didn't mind at all but some adult time or being able to go out for a few drinks would of been nice and then getting food poisoning so bad I didn't think it was possible to be sick as many times as I was and was left very weak or the rest of the holiday, the other half even had to cut my food up as I didn't have the strength - embarrassing!!

or Cornwall this summer, with a toddler which meant everything we did had to be for her which I didn't mind at all but some adult time or being able to go out for a few drinks would of been nice

That , Pixie, is a part of the joy of 'Parenthood' . Get used to it , it only lasts another 15 years !

• Upvote 1

I didn't mind too much, we still popped to the club within the holiday site we stayed in and had a pint while she went and had a dance with the other kids & had ago on the quizes. We used her as an excuse to go to the zoo too, she's good for things like that, we look a little less sad :)