More Boon locations to find

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scroll down to "Series 4 Woodcote Park" in Stu's link, and Nottstalgia gets a thankyou !!!!

Either from the top of the South Notts Hussars (now demolished) or the top of the fire station or school just before the Asda

Rog

It's not a roof Rog, it's a road, (if you watch the link he rides up it !!)

Hi

CRACKED IT !!!!!!

Very Well done Mr B , I thought it was West Bridgford way ,Great work on your part and all the other forum members who have helped narrow the location down its been a very good challenge, I was abit sceptical of posting but the kind and friendly people on this forum have been super.

So Many Many thanks!!

Well that's definitely the house on Selby and the long shot was taken from very near...there are even two lots of phone cables cross the road within a hundred yards just as in the original picture.Nice one Beefy.

The cameraman must have taken the shot from close to the road surface to get the appearance of the motorbike rising from the ground...more dramatic than a straight forward long shot.

The pub which Stu refers to is this one http://maps.google.c...12,1.35,,1,0.07

And this shows what might be one of the buildings (the building furthest left) seen in the video http://binged.it/JGuvnr

That could've been the location because it was only half a mile from the Central TV studios on Lenton Lane, although the surrounding area has changed quite a lot in the last 20 years

Congratulations Beefsteak.

Thought it might be in that area. Taking into account the possible camera location and zoom, it would appear that Selby Road is the one (or another street very close by).

Cliff ton, may I ask if you can get a photo from down on the road surface with the zoom on full when you go down there. The zoom would remove the side hedges and kerbs BUT watch for cars if you do not want to join Boon.

been thinking i know its hard at this time of the day but when we lived on priory st lenton we had a simmilar veiw from our attic window and as it was filmed at lenton lane studios perhaps from the roof of there own studio.

just a thought

That could've been the location because it was only half a mile from the Central TV studios on Lenton Lane, although the surrounding area has changed quite a lot in the last 20 years

I'm certain that's the place as I used to work on Lenton Lane next to the studios at that time and often visit that garden centre in Wilford not far away.

Babs , It's already been established that it's actually a road that he rides up, not a roof !!

TOLD YOU IT WAS JUST A THOUGHT BEEFY IT WAS EARLY IN THE MORNING FOR ME YOU KNOW

Pretty sure Avocet is the editor of that site that Stu's linked to, he gives acknowlagement to us for finding it for him.

Did a bit of wandering around Selby Road, West Bridgford, and it's fairly convincing. I only had a cheap basic camera, and I wasn't in a position to be able to lie on the road the way the cameraman probably did. But it seems to be the answer.

view.jpg

The original

And what you can get if you go to Selby Road today......

selbycrop.jpg

And this is the full view which it's cropped from. I was standing on Selby Road with the junction to Malvern Road on my left, which is obviously the road Boon turns into

selby1.jpg