Very nice, thank you. I always thought that the "Nottingham Standard" was one of the more enduring designs, it does not look dated even today. The mid-60's NCT livery particularly suited it, as did the South Notts in later years; the buses had a dignity about them which was IMO a good advert for the city.

Hi Scriv,

Yes Nottingham's buses were immediately recognizable and it's a credit to the NSB design that it hasn't dated. I think it was the use of the BET windscreen on the upper deck that makes the difference. But if I had a favourite it would be the low height Atlanteans they bought in 1971 for the Clifton route.

On the other hand the latest livery is an utter shambles. The colour coded branding is pointless and the overall look completely anonymous. And as for the NCT "corporate" logo ... who came up with that?

I had the dubious pleasure of driving most of these buses when I worked for NCT a few years ago. !

If so catfan did you know Alan Boston......?

Bip.

My brother worked for NCT for over 20 years as a recovery driver until he passed away 5 years ago. His name was Pete Savage. Anyone know him? x

Hi Den. You must have known my brother then. He died in 2003 while still employed as a recovery driver for NCT. He used to live on standhill road off carlton hill. x

Yep, knew him well & his uncle, George.

I knew Alan way back in the 60/70s at John Player and sons Radford.

I saw and spoke to him several months ago, he was in the drivers seat on a bus on Mansfield road.

Bip.