The Limey Makes a Trip!

It's official - I'll be in the U.K. with my lovely wife from April 4th-11th. So, if you are up for a beer, speak now or forever shut up! I would suggest The Poacher on Friday, April 9th. - but this may be subject to change.

Most of the rest of the visit will be taken up with relatives and going to Skeggy for fish-and-chips!

You have been warned!

Friday is the tenth of April

How about coming to Coningsby on your way to Skeggy on Wednesday 8th Eric?? A few of us should be there .

How about coming to Coningsby on your way to Skeggy on Wednesday 8th

I'll have to play that one a bit by ear. The main reasn for the visit is to help out looking after my aunt (she is 96!) so a lot depends on what appointments we can get setup for her that week - she has vision issues. Will also depend on Mary being "up" for looking at airplanes - although she is usually a pretty good sport about stuff like that - and, of course, the weather (try telling Americans it will not be raining when we get there)!

However, a lunch meet in the pub may be a distinct possibility!

And you are correct - Friday is the tenth!

Frank - will Mrs Frank be coming along too?

Frank - will Mrs Frank be coming along too?

Yes she will - drinking pints of Guinness too! !laughing!

it will not be raining , cos i'm there

errr...it usually starts to rain when i turn the key in my car.......so if i print out your statement and get you to sign it.....can i sue if it does ?.

smile2

Rain, whether it rains or not, is not subject to the actions of a few humans, as for example in turning car keys, it is liquid precipitation, it is the condensation of atmospheric water vapor into drops heavy enough to fall, often making it to the surface. Rain is the primary source of fresh water for most areas of the world, providing suitable conditions for diverse ecosystems, as well as water for hydroelectric power plants and crop irrigation. However, not all rain reaches the surface; some evaporates while falling through dry air. This is called virga, a phenomenon often seen in hot, dry desert regions. That said remember the hot summer of 1976, guess who was on holiday at Mablethorpe the one cool rainy week? ditto the school trip to Liverpool when about 10 and a Bank Holiday Train Trip to Dudley Zoo when the likes of a monsoon followed yours truely to these places, In later years the reverse has happened however with temperate resorts in Turkey and Spain turning into the likes of death valley when we were there

I wish to report a severe case of "threadjacking"!

Whatever the date in April I bet I can make it………………..

Mrs Frank drinking pints of Guinness!!!!!! OMG.

Bip.

Whatever the date in April I bet I can make it………………..

Mrs Frank drinking pints of Guinness!!!!!! OMG.

Bip.

Down at the recent Soul & Motown night with Craig, Mrs Frank and I stood at the bar - I had my share of IPA, Mrs Frank consumed upwards of 4 pints of the black stuff !yada!

One more pint and she will be on a par with me but then again on a good night I have been known to have 6.

I beleive any date in april will be ok with me but before I commit myself I will have to look on last years callender.

Bip.

• 3 weeks later...

The date is fast approaching Eric - do we have a definite meet up and a venue set??

Well, I don't know how "definate" it is, but Mary and I will be in The Poacher next Friday (April 10th) from about 7:00pm. If anybody would like to join us for a pint or two - please do so, you are all invited!

We have meetings in Long Eaton and Sandiacre late morning/early afternoon, then will probably be shopping it Nottingham until the appointed hour - expect to be having dinner in the Poacher too - have heard good things about their food!

Flight leaves at 6:05pm today - so this may be my last chance to check the BBS - hopefully we will see you next Friday!

• 2 weeks later...

To all the folks who said they'd meet up with Limey, did you have a get together with Eric and Mary in the Poacher on the 10th?. I keep looking out for the report and photos [there are usually photos] and can't find anything posted.

Kath

Yes we did - but it was a pretty small turnout - just Mary and me, Den and Frank. As Den explained in his blog, Mrs Frank was recuperating from an unfortunate accident, so was unable to attend.

However, it was good to see both Den and Frank - and Mary enjoyed meeting them too.

Hopefully, Mrs Frank is well on her way to recovery by now - but this just means we will have to make another trip to include her in the festivities!

Overall, we had a great time. I think Kew Gardens and Windsor Castle were the highlights for Mary - I'll have to go with finding a great little pub near Paddington and a visit to the Theakstons brewery in Masham! One of these visits we are going to have to figure a way to get a motorcycle - the roads in Derbyshire and Yorkshire are just too good to be driving a car around - if the car was an MG I might feel differently though!

I wasn't free to attend otherwise there would have been some pics (Some one bent my car)

Pleased to hear that some of you got together and met each other [for the first time?]Sorry to hear about Mrs Frank's accident, hope she's soon on the mend, and sorry also about your pap-pap, Beefy [crikey where did that come from, a relic word from me childhood] Hope you are OK? Limey, I know what you mean about it being better on a bike, through the countryside. Nowhere in the world, beats the English countryside on a summer's day [well a dry sunny day, anyway] We drove through the Lake District last autumn, and it knocked your socks off.