Another kick in the teeth

The government has just announced that it's fleet of venerable Sea King SAR helicopters is to be replaced by the American Sikorsky 92, NOT our home build Merlin, it's also going to reduce the number of pilots from 266 to 60 odd, relying on private companies to provide rescue cover on our beaches.

Nice one, unemployment at Westlands, and further reliance on charitable organisations such as the RNLI. Unbelievable, without going into one, I would suggest that you forget swimming in the sea in future in order to save the government money, though clearly life saving organisations are deemed to be 'charitable'.

How many countries rely on charities to provide helicopters to save lives, and that includes our air ambulances, bloody ridiculous.

Following up from that, I noted a news event on BBC East last night whereby that the over privilaged, insignificant and totally pointless Royal, the Countess of Wessex, was honoured to be flown by their own personal Sikorsky helicopter to visit a primary school in Norfolk, how much did that cost us, wasn't a car or public train good enough, clearly not, couldn't have her getting too close to the plebs, or getting bored on the journey, could we.

Meanwhile the charity funded local Essex air ambulance helicopter was plying it's life saving trade over here as usual.

The Royal Family cost each U.K. resident about 62p per year in 2006. Probably gone up a bit since then, lets say it is now 70p. Not exactly a lot of money is it?

The times this old cherry comes out...do me a favour then YOU pay my bit I don't want to give 'em sod all.Soddin' parasites, like all the aristocracy and most MPs and Lords...they all think they're entitled to our money...God help 'em if they ever had to work for it.Money grabbing scumbags the lot of 'em.

I don't for one second imagine you would say that if you were born into the royal family, they can't help it, and , especially over the last 30 years or so, have tried to even things up a bit. If you ever met a royal you would understand what they go through to help charities etc , but then again you probably wouldn't!

englandflag.gif

(The Union flag giv ain't working )

Now polititians on the other hand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't think the Royal Family was worth it until I went to live overseas. Then you realize just what an enormous asset to Britain the Royal Family is. Just the tourism they generate ALONE makes them worth while - but, IMHO, the BIG deal is when Britain needs a dignitary for some official function - Britain sends one of the Royals and EVERYBODY takes notice - the States sends it's current President who, half the time, can't even hold a conversation in intelligent English - and everybody goes "ho hum"! I would willingly pay my 70p to keep 'em!

I don't for one second imagine you would say that if you were born into the royal family, they can't help it, and , especially over the last 30 years or so, have tried to even things up a bit. If you ever met a royal you would understand what they go through to help charities etc ,

I'd be quite happy to be flown around Norfolk in a posh helicopter to help charities, they only put their name to it, if they had to get their hands dirty actually doing something they'd crap themselves, but then I'm not a rich, privileged, brain dead, former debutante thats never done a proper days work in their life, and yes, people like her can help it!

I have no problem with the purpose of the Queen and all she represents in connection with the British constitution and all it's history, but look at all the hangers on.

Philip is a rude, arrogant, nasty piece of work and always has been.

Charles is a nutcase with a tipsy wife, screwing money out of the good folk of Cornwall and the Scilly Islands.

Andrew is an obnoxious git revelling in the fact that he flew a helicopter in the Falklands, allegedly some sort of Middle East business ambassador, what does he know, no doubt enjoying all the parties that go with it.

Edward is simply a grinning, scrounging thicko with a wife to match.

Anne breeds with horses, though to be fair I gather that she goes to more charity events and revells in the glory than all the others combined.

Harry and Wills are socialite, token soldiers and pretend down and outs that enjoy their free passes and champagne lunches to all of the UK's prominent sporting events.

As for the rest, I don't want to even go there, my past business dealings with that 'nice' Lord Mountbatten Jnr were enough for me.

Chip on your shoulder Firbeck?

Other than that, what have the Royals ever done to upset you.??............................rotfl.gif

P.S. If you'd ever had a bullet/ missile fired at you in anger then you'd know to keep your gob shut where Prince Andrew and The Falklands conflict are concerened!!!!

Chip on your shoulder Firbeck?

Why, just because I dislike the Royal Family, am I supposed to love their expensive, pointless existance and it will make me a better person.

Actually, this is all linked, in between swanning about in the Antipodes, going to rugby internationals and pretending to rough it on the streets, isn't William supposed to be training to be a SAR pilot with the RAF, well, what a coincidence, he doesn't have to do it any more, though, as it's to be privatised, perhaps they could use the Royal helicopter, base it at Sandringham and cover the Norfolk Coast. Great idea, Andrew as driver, Wills co-pilot, Charlie could be nav, well, he's been in the navy, he should know how to use a sextant, probably keep ending up in Penzance though to check on his assets, or the nearest organic farm. Got any ideas who you'd like to see on the end of the winch and don't say me because I'd quite fancy it, I could tie the end to a tree and hold them to ransom for the money they owe us.

Other than that, what have the Royals ever done to upset you.??

Several grands worth of professional fees for a start, ever tried to take a Royal to the small claims court, they p1$$ off in their helicopters and hide abroad then skulk under Lillibets skirt when they have to come home.

Incidentally, I expect it was Cornish ice cream and Newquay Steam Bitter so he could make a bit of profit out of you.

I'm no fan of the Royal's, but the Queen and her Sister did get their hands dirty once, they worked as ambulance drivers during the war. Old Louis Mount Batton(sp) Did have a couple of ships sunk under his feet too. I'll give that old feller his due, I know he got blown up by the IRA, but he was senior naval officer who made it his business to know everyone of his crew by name. Old Phil was at sea too during the war as a serving naval officer on warships.

But lets not forget how they got to power over the centuries!! Started out as the village bullies!! And the lot in Buck house are descended from the Germans, before that lot, the French via the Normans. Been a few years since anyone from real British stock bullies was King or Queen.

P.S. If you'd ever had a bullet/ missile fired at you in anger then you'd know to keep your gob shut where Prince Andrew and The Falklands conflict are concerened!!!!

Just 'cos one of 'ems actually done something 20 odd years ago.He's been playing golf and sh****ng showgirls ever since....

Wish my Mum was alive she could give me loadsa medals...I could look like Charlie then...Mind you he deserves a medal for marrying the adultress.

I don't mind Liz and the Greek,someone's got to choff all the lobster now that the princess of Belize has popped her clogs.

OK another scenario, Harry has done a tour of duty in Afganistan, even though he was told not too.

Anyway enough already , we know what happens when things get out of hand and people write things that they later regret.

Agreed Ian, just when I was about to remind you that the Jocks were kicked out by the Dutch.

Incidentally, Princess Margaret driving ambulances is a myth, she was still only 14 on VE Day in 1945.

Oh no you don't...

I've cracked it anyway..Dyson gone to the Far East..half of London owned by the Saudis...Now Cadburys.THATS IT! We'll sell up here,sack the staff and cronies and move 'em all to Poland.

If they rebuild Buck House in Warsaw they should be able to keep 'em cheaper.It's working for Cadburys.They all like horses...the Poles have got loads ...pulling carts all over the place.

Remember William Wales signature on the Blue Bell ceiling Ian? Bet he had a pint of Greene King while he was in there.

Love the Royals, always have always will and rule Britannia, God save the Queen

Rog

Love the Royals, always have always will and rule Britannia, God save the Queen

Rog

And Margaret Thatcher?

Sorry, couldn't help my self Rog.

Incidentally, had Diana Doe Eyes married that late Egyptian playboy Mafia tosser, I presume she would have had to become a member of his version of the Islamic faith, could have been an interesting effect on the institution, Wills and Harry shuffling around in white robes on royal occasions could have been a hoot, we've missed out there.

Mind you, Princess Anne wearing the Hijab would do us all a favour, including her horses.

There you go, you attend Eton, the allegedly top, most expensive, privelliged public school in the country at the plebs 70p expense, yet you still can't write or spell properly, says a lot for David Cameron and his cronies doesn't it, spent too much time looking fawningly over their shoulders in the showers I presume, all good pals for the slimey Brazilian toyboy loving 'man d' that currently thinks he runs the country I guess.

Nothing wrong with Mrs Thatcher Pete, probably the best PM we have had since Mr Churchill and about as determined, can't see Mr Brown sending his forces halfway around the world without uncle Sams help, She allowed us to own our own properties, have shares in public companies and walk down the road with our heads held high, unlike today when we hang our heads in shame at what our so called leaders have done to this great country of ours. I'll stick it out to the bitter end in the hope that one day the rest of the world can look at us and show us the respect that we the British people deserve for what we have contributed to the world and it's peoples instead of flooding the place with every one els's cast off's, criminals and dropouts

Rog

• 1 year later...