I am looking for information on my fathers side of the family and just keep hitting brick walls because i carnt find my grand father or his father on cencus.

My father was GEORGE HENRY CLEMENTS BORN 1 COLWICK RD SNEINTON NOTTINGHAM SEPTEMBER 21ST 1908 HE SHOULD SHOW UP IN THE NEW ENCUSWHEN IT COMESOUT

HIS PARENTS WERE HENRY CLEMENTS AND LIZZY CLEMENTS POSSIBLY MAIDEN NAME WAS ELIZABETH ROWLANDS SHE CAME FROM STAFFORDSHIRE.

HENRYS PARENTS I THINK WERE THOMAS AND SUZANAH CLEMENTS I KNOW THAT THEY OWNED AND RAN A NUMER OF BOARDING HOUSES IN NARROW MARSH I ONCE FOUND HER ON A CENCUS AND THIS SAID SHE WAS OWNER LANDLADY OF 79 TO 107A NARROW MARSH BUT THOMAS OR HENRY WERE NOT ON THIS CENCUS. THOMAS MAY HAVE COME FROM IRELAND MAYBE COUNTY MAYO. DONT KNOW IF HENRY HAD ANY BROTHERS OR SISTERS BUT MY DAD DID TALK ABOUT HIS COUSIN BERNARD WHO WAS BORN SHORTLY AFTER HIM WHO I KNOW LATER LIVED ON THE AINSLY ESTATE NEAR MY DADS SISTER MABLE THIS WOULD BE IN THE 1980S BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THIS WAS HIS REAL COUSIN OR AN HONOURY ONE WHO WAS ALSO BORN COLWICK RD A FEW DOORS DOWN FROM MY DADS HOUSE. BUT HIS MOTHER COULD HAVE BEEN A CLEMENTS OR A ROWLAND.

Can't help you with your quest...but if I could I would be put off by your use of capitals...for heavens sake pack it in...it's not polite.

IUSE CAPS BECAUSE ITS ESIER FOR ME AND SOME OTHER OLD OR PARTIALLY SIGHTED PEOPLE TO SEE WE ARE NOT ALL YOUNG OR GOT GREAT EYESIGHT.

Well i have no eye problems but i find it damn harder to read a whole paragraph of caps ! Think it called yelling.

IUSE CAPS BECAUSE ITS ESIER FOR ME AND SOME OTHER OLD OR PARTIALLY SIGHTED PEOPLE TO SEE WE ARE NOT ALL YOUNG OR GOT GREAT EYESIGHT.

I use capitals because its easier for me & some other old or partially sighted people to see we are not all young or got great eyesight.

Compare the two paragraph above. Which is easier to read?

Try altering the size of the typeface in 'Sizes' above where you're typing, Babs.

Maybe that would help you a bit? Like this, (size 4).

Agreed it's considered impolite to use all caps, "netticette" say's it's shouting. My eyes are a little weary too these days, goes with age usually.

You could use "B" bold, larger font size, or even type in a different colour.

You really need to get your Dad's birth certificate to confirm his parents names and his mothers maiden name. There's no obvious marriage for a Clements to a Rowlands on FreeBMD. Did he have any brothers and sisters - what were their names and were they older or younger?

The 1911 census is already available here http://www.findmypast.co.uk/1911census.jsp, but you have to pay to view.

• 2 weeks later...

Two possibles?

England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005

NAME:

George Henry Clements

BIRTH:

21 Sep 1908

DEATH:

Nov 1989 - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England

England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index, 1837-1915

NAME:

George Henry Clements

BIRTH:

Dec 1908 - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

Two possibles?

England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005

NAME:

George Henry Clements

BIRTH:

21 Sep 1908

DEATH:

Nov 1989 - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England

England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index, 1837-1915

NAME:

George Henry Clements

BIRTH:

Dec 1908 - Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

THANKS MICK THIS WAS MY DAD.

Have just this week found some more info on this family and will be going down to the archives again next week to do some follow up on this will let you know how I got on .Thanks to every one for there help esspecially the p.m.s. they were a great help as it seems I was on the wrong track before and this info has put me on the right track again so thanks once again to everyone.

Your welcome Babs

You can get 14 days free searching from www.ancestry.co.uk, then you can cancel your subscription before your card is charged.

I suggest you do this before you go to the archives, you will have further information to work on.

SUBSCRIBE TO WORLDWIDE SEARCHING. Get any international info first.

The Manager of Clifton Colliery was a William (Bill) Clements. He'd have been in his late 40's early 50's in 1968. Any relation Babs??

• 1 month later...

The Manager of Clifton Colliery was a William (Bill) Clements. He'd have been in his late 40's early 50's in 1968. Any relation Babs??

DONT KNOW ABOUT THIS AS YET AYEUPME DUCK BUT DO KNOW KNOW THAT MY GRANDFATHER HENRY HAD A BROTHER AND TWO SISTERS SO COULD BE A LINK SOMEWERE ON THE LINE AND I AM GOING WITH A FRIEND SOON TO DO SOME ME RESERCH INTO THIS.SO HERS HOPING FOR MORE INFO SOON

BABS