Just noticed this category.

I became a new person a few days ago and I've already posted a few messages, but I'd missed the introduction bit.

So a few days after the event, here I am

Born and bred locally (guess where by the name) and I've lived in various places around Nottingham over the years.

Old enough to remember Nottingham in the 60s before it was ruined by the planners.

And I'm not quite at the retirement stage yet, but I'll probably be doing that here as well.

Hi Cliff and welcome, I hope you have a good time trawling through the interesting topics that are on here.

I had about 3 years at Clifton till I had my car nicked from outside my house....Luckily I escaped to a place that has no lawlessness, just peace and quiet and a good place for me to enjoy my retirement..

Owdtite.

Hi Cliff and welcome, I hope you have a good time trawling through the interesting topics that are on here.

I had about 3 years at Clifton till I had my car nicked from outside my house....Luckily I escaped to a place that has no lawlessness, just peace and quiet and a good place for me to enjoy my retirement..

Owdtite.

How is Sark nowadays??

How is Sark nowadays??

I dont think they would have me on Sark Poohbear, and it would be too costly for me but Caithness just suits me fine..The Police have an easy job up here,you have more chance of seeing an English pound note than you are a Copper...

Owdtite.

Owdtite.

To be fair to the place, it never seemed all that bad when I was there. I'd stopped living there by the early 1980s, but I always thought it was the 'least bad' of the various Estates. My parents lived there till the end of the 1990s, and if I'm up that way I occasionally drive through for a burst of nostalgia. Most people go out of their way to avoid it, but I go into it (ok only once every couple of years) and It looks much grimmer now than back then.