Thanks for adding the pic of the Almshouses :) I used to daydream about living there while waiting for the bus.

• 1 year later...

Did the 1A leave from Hanley St too. I remember occasionally getting it to Bobbers Mill, but I think it was a very infrequent service.

This would be mid to late 50's. Maybe early 60's, as I moved to Wollaton in 63. 

It may have run as an extra.

I remember catching the bus from Hanley Street to Bobbers Mill for a short time in the 60s but this was because there were alterations going on to where we normally caught it. It might have been around the time Maid Marian Way was being finished because the terminus then moved there, although we could also catch certain buses from Long Row, outside Pearsons.

• 3 weeks later...

Re #31. I've just had a flash of inspiration, and reckon that it could be a 16A , maybe not a 1A.

I think it carried on to Aspley, but I'm certain that there was one route with an A.

16A Same route as the 16 until Strelley Road then continued a long Coventry Lane / Bilborough Road terminated this side of Balloon Woods.

Services 1, 7, & 22 terminated at Hanley Street.