I don't recognise it, but what immediately strikes me is the name above the store being .......N CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETY. Another half inch on the left edge would almost certainly solve the problem

Obviously not the Nottingham, but how many other Co-ops round here end with an N? One which comes to mind, is there a Long Eaton Co-op? Or Alfreton?

The Standard Vanguard has an old Nottingham registration, and the Ford Zephyr across the road has a TL reg which was Lincoln in the old system.

Couldn't hazard a guess...but certainly a different era...No steel shop shutters..No double yellow lines..No litter...And a bike propped up outside the Co-op that isn't getting nicked.:tongue:

I said exactly that..Bank and Railwayish.....there is a sign on the corner of the railwayish building or is it on the pole near its corner. or with windows like that could be a library...looks to have a door bricked up too..theres a 'esso' garage down the road that looks hangar shaped...the bank has to be on the corner of a junction as theres a 'HALT' sign there too

Others with an 'N' are beeston and sneinton, carlton must be others too

Ive had a play with that sign sticking out next to the railwayish building and it could say GRANTHAM

Being apprentice/electrician for the Nottingham Coop, then GNCS bet 1968 and 1975,

I dont recognise that shop at all?

The Coop took over Long Eaton & Boston/Skegness (YEAR?) becoming GNCS.

Its not Long Eaton as far as I remember?

And the bank looks like it's just been stuck on the end of those obviously very old houses which are going off down to the left at a right angle to the "main" road.

That's what you can still see in villages. Farm-type houses which are end-on to the main road. So was the place once a village, rather than a modern suburb, and this was the road running through it

Ive had a play with that sign sticking out next to the railwayish building and it could say GRANTHAM

I'd missed that, but I actually think it might say "Gentlemen" :rolleyes:

On that building on the right...just under that light fitting sticking out of the wall...is a sign saying 'GENTLEMEN'....Come on somebody....Who's been for a pee there in the sixties?...:laugh:

Well it ain't Carlton, I can vouch for that.

Nobody selling sweets from a van, to unsuspecting kids rules out Arnold/Daybrook/Sneinton Market............yada.gif

Streets are too clean to be Netherfield/Colwick/Basford/Bulwell.

I give up and go to bed to sulk!!

My initial thought too...Ilkeston Co-op???

Perhaps with the famous Star Inn at the bend/junction, on the right???

Or is it Hilltop, nearer to Kimberley??

Cheers

Robt P