I have been retired since last may, I was not made redundant, I had the opportunity to retire at 57 years old, so I took it, and to tell the truth, I do not regret my decision at all.

The only problem I now have is finding enough hours in a day to do what I want to do, but waking up in the morning and doing what I want when I want is great,.....

But there is one down side to my retirement, it is muggins who does the weekly shopping, But I have now got it down to a fine art, and that art is, internet shopping, I order the shopping in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon.

• Upvote 1

As someone who is planning to retire next year, you lot aren't filling me with much confidence! It's bad enough that the wife is already going on about not wanting me under her feet all day.

Similar to Mick, I've worked all but the first three weeks since I left school in 1973 so think it's time to give some other poor sod a chance and allow me to draw some of the pension I've paid into for the last 40 years before I pop my clogs.

Well Rob, be prepared!!! You'll wonder how on earth you managed to find time time work for a living.....LOL

• Upvote 1

I ceased working July last year, at 68. Didn't want to but they moved to new premises that was taking me half a day to get to. Buggers. A few other oldies left at the same time for the same reason. Probably the reason why they moved. :) So we would all resign.

Sat around for a few weeks doing nothing, but now, a year later, I can't find enough time to do all the things I've got scheduled for the day. Main thing is to keep both your brain and body active. Belong to three forums like this and could easily spend half a day just chatting to friends and get nothing done at all.

now been 5 years since daves enforced retirement and 8 years since mine and we seem to be getting busyer not slowing down and if we not going out anywere and feel like staying in bed in the morning we do i was asleep untill noon today catching up on or busy weekendthat started wed meet up this week and finished sunday .

I retired aged 65 three years ago and have never been happier. More time for gardening and bits of woodwork , reading, listening to music, sold all my vinyl and bought some model railway equipment , cooking , walking the daughters dog.

I have mastered the cooker and the microwave, struggle with the washing machine and blatantly refuse to touch the iron or the Dyson.

However, this will all change in a years time when HWMBO retires, I will probably be under her feet.

I must get the loft done for the model railway, that will get me out of her way!!!!!