Wotcha got in your garden??

I'll be turning mine over soon, hopefully the last of our frosts are behind us.

I have three varieties of tomatoes to plant out, cucumber plants, lettuce and green peppers for the missus.

To go in, seed taters, three varieties, corn, radishes and spring onions.

The Kiwi fruit, both male and female vines are breaking into flower, first year the frosts haven't knocked them right back. The vines are about 12 years old. Plums have set, peaches have set, although fighting codling moth lavae!! I still have to spray those trees with Bordeaux mixture to prevent moulds damaging the fruits. Both apple trees are in bloom too, they need spraying against "rust".

Looks like the veggie garden is going to be a large one this year!

three rows of spuds, red and white.

Turnips, Onions, Garlic, Cabbage, Collards, Green Onions, Lettuce, various varieties. Green Peppers, Carrots. Tomatoes are growing well in pots but I am still putting them in the shed overnight. Probably plant them out in the next few days. Growing heirloom varieties this year to see if I can re-use the seed. Also heard they produce more slowly over an extended season. One thing about Georgia it does get warm nice and early. Low eighties today. But can get too hot in July and August. Usually start a winter crop in September. Weather has been pretty extreme over the last week or two. Even got hail one night, fortunately the plants bounce back. So far we have missed the worst tornadoes etc. Feel really sorry for the folks in Alabama, and Missouri who have lost so much. The way this economy is going we might all be eating out of our own gardens soon. Even be able to see the plants as they glow in the dark. thumbsdown

Snot easter til Friday, are you doing any off peak deals Kev?

Wilko's do a ver nice line in Windo Boxes BTW.

I have to say not done much in the garden this year. Sign of a busy life.

After 29th April will have more time, tho :)

Don't feel bad Kev, all I've got in my garden is dirt, rocks and pine needles. Anything we try to grow turns out to be deer fodder.

Our garden - well, the snow has melted...

Don't feel bad Kev, all I've got in my garden is dirt, rocks and pine needles. Anything we try to grow turns out to be deer fodder.

And snow

I don't get it. We get an inch of snow and it lasts for a fortnight and causes problems for a month, you get two foot and it lasts a week !!

We have our snow much better trained than English snow - it knows that if it hangs around too long, I will be along with my trusty snow-blower and give it some bovver!

Monsoon rains help too!

tanning.gif

It went quickly this time, as all spring snow does, cos it's much warmer after it's finished snowing. The big snow we had Christmas week was still with us out in the sticks, early March.

No joke, talk to the cross-country skiing folk. They measure snow temperature to determine which wax to use!