Also a big day for the Space Shuttle, Endeavour launches in 12 hours time, the penultimate mission.

Watch it live on NASA TV via your computer, it wouldn't be shown live on TV, unless Murdoch gets a good payout from NASA for showing it live on Sky.

The ISS has been seen rather spectacularly over our skies in recent days, look out for it docking with the shuttle on Sunday night.

Enjoy your retirement Mick, I'm sure you won't get bored.

Mary got up at 4:00am!

Not me (I just got up). Good luck Mick - and you are welcome to visit Michigan any time you get the urge - we do have the real Motown Museum!

I will add my best wishes to the Royal Couple too - it is all over the TV here, and makes me pleased to be an Englishman. One of the more memorable moments - Elton John singing from a hymn book!

The only downside for me, so far, has been the fact that Fern Cotton is part of the presenting team for he BBC !! It's bound to end in divorce if she's been anywhere near it !!.......LOL

All the best to you too Mick

unionflag unionflag unionflag unionflag

BBMF now heading north for the Mick flyover?

It's all returning to RAF Conningsby in Lincolnshire, (One of our ports of call on our 'Aviation Days' ) Via the east coast route unfortunately for those of you in Nott'm hoping for a glimpse.

Re the BBMF, still amazes me they include the Lanc in that title? mind you according to the BBC2's "The Belfast Blitz" last saturday the luftwaffe also flew Lancasters!, typical stock footage of german aircraft over and over, then repeated on 2 occasions unmistakable outlines of Lancasters amid tales of the blitz

Happy Retirement Mick, just watched the Wedding

all those people unbeliveable and so well behaved

Has something happened, other than Mick's retirement???

Oh, is that all.

Unusually the BBMF flew over South Essex on it's way to the Palace, we didn't get our usual glimpse. The yellow Sea King wasn't Wills mates from Valley, it flew in from Wattisham, Suffolk, no doubt to save the RAF some money, it came over the park up the road on the way in, then right over my house on the way back.

Devastating news, the Shuttle launch is cancelled for at least 72 hours, at least we'll see the ISS at 21.30 over here to make up for it.

Thanks all for the good wishes

Its going to be a bit strange for a while.

I arrived at work at 0645 yesterday, to remove all the jobs off the printer, and assesed them as I would normally being on early shift.

Attended my last senior staff morning briefing, and they were pretty gobsmacked that I was going. Got some nice comments from them.

You can keep all yer yearly assessments and targets that they set. when a lower ranking staff member says, "cant believe their getting

rid of the best and most experienced staff. Thanks Mick you've always looked after me".

Job Done :)

Job Done :)

Wrong!

Job WELL done!