This 'Ashes' series is certainly causing much interest......in a way only Cricket can do...........

The Aussies play to win......and why not?

The next 3 Tests will be interesting to say the least.....

Just watched the incident and Bairstow can only blame himself....

Also reckon the MCC members in the 'Long room' were out of order.....

Remember its just a game ...or is it?.........even the Prime Minister stuck his 'Oar' in...................

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nottstalgia's team to beat the Aussies,,     Carni. Great solid opener,who can sing,, Sue B can be relied on in a crisis Jill. Will punish,anything out of line,, Nonna. R

I think the problem with cricket is that, as far as I'm aware, it's only played at Public Schools now so the majority of kids are not exposed to it, even television coverage is on Sky rather than BBC,

Stokes did not come up with the runs, neither did Bairstow but Harry Brooks's 75 steered the ship home to keep the series alive. Did anyone notice the rainbow stripes at the bottom of the stumps. WTF

Although ive lost alot of interest in todays Cricket mainly due to the 'White Ball Games'' which to me are just a slogging game..........Test Cricket will always fascinate me............to anyone who doesn't understand the longer game or Cricket in general its very difficult to explain it....especially some of the terms used.........

Short leg...long Leg...or even square leg.......

Silly Point...cover point...

A slash outside the 'Off-stump''...

Leg break...Beamer...declare before lunch...

Stroke thru the covers''

Back foot shot'' Forward defence''

And so many more.......just off now to 'Bowl a Maiden over'':rolleyes:

• Like 3

Good on the English women's team who beat the Aussies by three runs yesterday at the Oval last night.

Can't wait to hear the crowd chants as Australia take the field for tonight's third test at Headingly

Yesterday evening I watched the 1 hour highlights on BBC2 without knowing anything of what had happened, and it turned out to be one of the best programmes I've seen for a long time.

And I dislike S. Smith more every time I see him.

• Upvote 1

The wheels are definitely wobbly on the England team batting, Joe Root out second ball of the morning. 4 for 79, 184 runs  behind. Sadly, early on day two it looks like bye-bye to the ashes.

Are these really the best cricketers that England has? All credit to Wood but the rest......?

10 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:.

And I dislike S. Smith more every time I see him.

I can’t stand him and I’d like to slap him across his smarmy face …… 

Stokes did not come up with the runs, neither did Bairstow but Harry Brooks's 75 steered the ship home to keep the series alive. Did anyone notice the rainbow stripes at the bottom of the stumps. WTF were they for? This continual pandering to fringe group recognition is becoming insidious.

• Like 4

After losing by 3 runs yesterday England again surrender the Womens Ashes to Australia.

It all turned on the last over bowled by England's Bell who conceded 26 runs to Wareham who really took the long handle to the English bowler. Those runs were vital, in an exciting game it came down to England needing a six from the last ball.

England after winning the previous four matches can square the series by a win at Somerset on Tuesday

Australia all out for 317 and Woakes gets a fivfer. England lose an early wicket, that of Duckett for 1. Moeen Ali comes in at number 3??? and looks decidedly uncomfortable. Moeen has batted in every position from 1 to number 9. What are England playing at? He is only a lower order batsman, not a first wicket down batsman.

Yeah I watched too, amazing. Let’s hope the Aussies don’t have the same result on that wicket in the second innings.

53 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

but probably the weather will decide the result of this game. 

I really hope not. I'll be watching as I munch on my piece of humble pie. Well done Moeen with a solid 54. A magnificent 189 by Zak Crawley and a well made 84 by Joe Root gives England a lead of 67 with 4 wickets down.