Over last few days when trying to print things I will get the main "headlines", titles. web and email addresses all come out perfect but no text in between such! (whether a coincidence or not text should be black, rest is blue or green (correct) and photos in colour print, printer is epson stylus R300 any ideas? (ink etc all new and was printing with such)

When you print do you do a "Print preview" first ? It might help you if you do that as it could tell you what's wrong.

Thanks for advice, had sorted it by then though, I said new inks? true, and all showing nearly full but black one blocked or something, felt same weight as others? swopped it and back working ok

In fill my own now, Messy job but they last a lot longer than Branded ones that are shop brought.

I have an old printer that does not need chip resetting.Epson 670

• 2 weeks later...

If you find the printer in your control panel, right click on it.

Should give you options to do a test print and head clean.

Stanleys post is interesting. I have two Epson printers, one before the days of chips :)

The other an SX200. I am now looking at 'bulk feed ink system' for that due to reading Stans post.

They can be bought very cheaply from eBay.

However I am a bit concerned over the amount of stick those pipes get with printer use.

Surely they will soon break?

Anyone else use this type of system?

I have a bulk feed system on an epson printer, the small pipes are held on to the printer with a small clip, that is fixed with a sticky pad, these soon fell off. I basically taped the pipes around a part of the printer and it has been fine since, you have to get the pipes correct as they move along with the print head, mine has been in use for about 3 years with no problems, and the ink is very cheap.

I got mine from ebay.

Those lines are caused by blocked print head nozzles Ashley, sometimes cleaning doesn't work, I have a Kodak with blocked cleaning nozzles, tries everything, including cleaning fluid and Windex injected via a syringe onto the inkpads .

Final solution is to replace the printhead assembly, I have a new one standing by. then I'll leave the printhead assembly in a "Windex bath" to see if it will soften the old ink.

It is with modern printers. I haven't printed anything for months, yet in the old dot matrix days I was printing stuff daily.

I've come to the conclusion, separate print heads are a major drawback and much preferred the cartridge with the printhead combined.

He'd have been better if he'd started a website devoted to printers rather than a forum site. There are plenty of good free site hosts, many these days ad free too.

One I'd recommend is 110mb.com....They only allow 110mb of space now, when I registered it was 110mb's but they took it to 5gb's!! Was bought out and now only allow 110mb's free. Old clients like myself still have 5 gigs free, but have to maintain their sites or lose the space. I only have about 10% space used at present.

Not sure what were running at the moment?

The Forum database is about 80mb without any pick or site content.

do 110 do MySql & PHP?

Yep they do, when they announced they were only allowing 110mb's I did some searching just in case, and found many site hosts have upped their free hosting for websites to 500mb plus. My eventual material will be well over 2 gigs, so I'm safe at the moment.

I bought a Kodak all in one printer when I bought this PC in August last year, I hadn't printed much but got the message "Low colour / low black ink, replace cartridges now" in around October, I imagined that they came with just a small supply to start with so I dutifully got in touch and purchased said new cartridges replacing the colour one immediately saving the black till it ran out. Even though every time i came to print a document it told me that the black ink was low I continued and ignored it as it printed fine till it eventually wouldn't print a document I wanted last Friday , about 300 pages after it told me it was 'empty' !!!!!!!!

The colour one is fine and dandy still by the way.

So just as a cautionary tale , take no notice of low ink warnings till it's definitely 'gone' and save yourself a fortune .

I have recently started filling my own cartridges, since then they have lasted for hundreds of printed pages.

There can hardly be any ink even in Genuine makers cartridges.

I was going to buy a cartridge chip resetter from eBay but I think know the Continuous ink systems

may already include the self restting chipped cartridges?

I don't know if you can refill these Kodak ones , there doesn't seem to be any way in. When I ordered ink for the old printer the "Ink Club" always wanted the old ones back (They even sent a prepaid envelope for them) as they could refil them and pass on the savings. I bought these direct from Kodak themselves as 'Ink Club' don't do them yet .

I hope they start to soon as there is quite a saving.

World of wierd coincidence again !!

I've just had an email from 7 day shop offering me Kodak ink cartridges (The right ones for my printer) for 14 quid !!!

I'll have some of that thank you very much !

Yep Ian, you can fill Kodak cartridges, do a search for Kodak cartridge refill kits.