best nottingham places?

Hi Stu,

I think that pic is not too far from where I live, it is on the river at Newark near the locks?

Rog

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of the places I liked probably paved over for car parks now!

Nice idea for a thread. Looks like a good topic for a blog. As as been stated on here before, you can see Belvoir Castle on a clear day from near Arnold. That will do for me. A few more obvious one

Belvoir isn't visible from Arnold per say , but from Mapperly top! (Seeing as Arnold is down the other side of the hill!) Plains Road is a good veiw point , around the Catfoot lane junction, it's arou

Sorry to dissapoint you Stu but there's one even closer to the Trent, (If it's still there that is !)

Google Street view

6658990923_eeec1a2d71_o.jpg

The Castle Barge , in Newark.

I'm not disappointed Beefy, I know the Castle Barge very well indeed and go there most times I visit Newark. Yes it is still open.

Rog, yes, the former(?) Kelly's Tavern at Newark Locks. I was pleased to see it had re-opened of late under a new name I think. The pub used to have a few Isle of Man connections. Bit about it here:

http://www.newarkadv...-changes-at-pub

There are few places in the City I am now comfortable with so many changes over the years and not many for the better. However sitting outside the wine bar at the Nottingham Playhouse and after a couple of large glasses I sometimers feel like the old Nottingham lad I used to be. I was a P**s Artist back then as well.

...outside the wine bar at the Nottingham Playhouse

One of the more civilised places to sit outside for a drink around the city on a summer's evening, I'd definitely agree. Just far enough to be away from some of the weekend evening madness in the city centre.

Time to wind up the mystery "rubbish photo quiz" have been trying to find an "a it was photo" but can't, that footpath is a right f way and has replaced "halfpenny bridge" footbridge that ran from Paton Road to the later Gayhurst Rd over the GCR, totally infilled nowthere was a deep cutting under it

• 7 years later...

Hi everyone,

I don't think I have seen a topic like this for famous places in Nottingham to visit today. I like travelling around the country and travelers always say the best places in a city are never the most popular 'tourist' attractions. So I thought it would be interesting to find out what others who know of Nottingham think are the best places to visit. What three things come to mind? 

Would you recommend the more common places like the Nottingham Castle, Museum & Art Gallery or The City of Caves? 

I found this online survey, and realized a lot of the places I think of are pretty common and I am sure there are better things to do in these cities!

I thought I would share it cause they're offering an amazon or £100 holiday voucher if you just tell them what comes to mind when you think of a city

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aosQvD0Yls41WrcElz_2HOkQoh-Knxd66gsnOd7QNCE