Snow Reports 2012

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went into the city last night at around six to attend the Nottingham Panthers game. With the snow starting to look a bit persistent and the forecast for more during the evening I was aware that goin

I'd still prefer not to wake up to this in a morning

\Thanks' for the pic's and commemts,81 degrees now dropping to a 'cool' 64 tonight, when I see that white stuff it reminds me why I live here. Sorry Mick! did it again.

At the moment here it is -3.5C, whatever that is in english money.

They used to say "its too cold to snow" Does it get too cold to snow or is that a myth.

Hey Mick, it's time you became a 'snowbird' and spent your winters here in Florida.Yes it snows in those temperatures,hard fast and deep,as the ex Pat's living here up north will agree,

That would be nice.

Unfortunately we have too many commitments here for long stays.

-4.0C now

We have a trip to Las Vegas planned for a bit later.

According to weather forecast, heavy snow coming in from the west

Dodie will get it first, then

Moobug

Thomas

Beefsteak

EileenH

MGReed & Caladave

Me, then Fynger and others around the city

6 Inches forecast

-6.3C low overnight -6.1C now

No snow or frost up here, I went birdwatching yesterday. the temperature must have been about 8 or 9c with no wind, I was able to see a Red Necked Grebe and several Slavonian Grebes on the sea, difficult to spot on a normal (windy) day. Today it is raining, but no frost overnight.

The winters here are generally warmer than Notts, but it does get a little breezy sometimes.

Good point Ash,

I remember the weather being arouind or just above freezing and the snow falling.

This cold weather is coming down from Russia, like our current barrage of spambots.

I actually judge the weather by the cooling towers of radcliffe power statiion which dominates the skyline to the rear of our house looking due south. It gives me a wind direction. If the steam goes straight up, I know there will be no change in the weather.

We've been joking re the weather forecast saying snow due by 3pm, "haven't got a clue etc" but dead on 3pm big heavy flakes started to fall at R o T, only lasted about 20 seconds, but even so! looking forward to the thaw now,lol

WELL JUST LOOKING AT THIS WHEN I LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND LOW AND BEHOLD SNOW NOT MUCH YET BUT ITS THERE.

BYE THE WAY ASH NICE PHOTO OF IZZY,

COMMING HOME FROM A NIGHT OF CARD PLAYING AT MY SISTERS LAST NIGHT IN ARNOLD AND BULWELL DROPPING FRIEND OF _7.0C GOT HOME IT WAS MINUS 5.5C BLOODY COLD STRAIGHT UP TO BED AND UNDER THE DUVET

...dead on 3pm big heavy flakes started to fall at R o T,

Yes, credit where it's due. The Met Office and BBC websites forecasted 'light snow' at 3pm. Watched the first flakes coming down at 2.50pm and the first snow shower at 3.10pm.

'Heavy snow' forecast for 6pm. I'll go and dust down my sledge...

Woke to a light covering (Not enought ot make a snowman) It's been 'gritty' snow all afternoon , still nowt to shout about though.