Snow Reports 2012

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went into the city last night at around six to attend the Nottingham Panthers game. With the snow starting to look a bit persistent and the forecast for more during the evening I was aware that goin

I'd still prefer not to wake up to this in a morning

\Thanks' for the pic's and commemts,81 degrees now dropping to a 'cool' 64 tonight, when I see that white stuff it reminds me why I live here. Sorry Mick! did it again.

I know its winter cos my oranges are dropping off the tree

Just cut the grass & had to pick up about 30 oranges they dont go through the mower all that good

Guess we will be avin pancakes soon

Hey Derek, had same problem here last week,but it was to warm, going outside to pick 'em up,got the kids next door to do it.

It's hard sometimes, living in this climate,don't mention words like, warm,hot,or sunshine.I think it's getting to Mick.

He said I was rubbin' it in,'cause I mentioned it was 81 here today, as if I would do such a thing, Daren't tell him it's goin' to be 84 midweek, hehehehe------ might ban me from the site.

Wow, beautiful view of the river on a snowy day! Where abouts is it you live? i was very tempted to take a trip down to stoke today for the view & to get some piccies... Abit far to walk as couldnt get the car off the road! :(

I remember being in Palm Desert Ca. and seeing boxes of Oranges left outside peoples gates FREE.

But so common there, they grow on trees, but no takers?

Now I'm off topic and will get banned!!!...

The snow started to melt today, might freeze tonight?

+2.2C currently.

We've got rain forcast tonight , light cloud and a bit of drizzle tomorrow, come Wednesday it's bright sunshine !!

Yes it was same in Turkey, lemons also, some didn't even pick them off the trees, I used to collect them and use in the bar, Ahmed had a hedge of tomato bushes too!

Pixie that photo is Radcliffe on Trent, next thing will be photos of floods!

Along with oranges, lemons, Pomegranets as big as small melons, Grapes all free to pick. Remember this is Wine country

To be honest wine grapes taste nasty

Other things grown areTomatoes, Almonds Walnuts, Avacados,Corn, Sunflowers & Rice.

Ps to keep this on topic i did one winter in Chicago in 1979 & that was worse than anything i ever encountered in the UK -30 with a wind chill of -50

According to the lovely weather lady of bbc... the snow's back tomorrow! Wonderfull stuff.....

Yeah, just looked at the bbc website & it has no mention of snow. Hmmm.... The lady lied to us, How very dare she.

Been there done that, minus 41 and dropping. My old Gert is from NW Illinois,RockIsland,told me I would have to get acclimatized to the winters. Ten minutes later we were driving south to Florida.

Re the Golf Buy the red balls then you can see where they land

Ps If it really gets bad im shure the Us will come & rescue you they do it for every other country in the world or at least send you a few Billion $

One thing that gets me is that as we Brits shiver our timbers off, we receive postings from people residing in such lovely, sunny places as Florida and California!

Am I jealous - no, I'm not the jealous type. Or just plain lazy? Because with a little bit of thought and planning I could be doing the same as them.

Re the Golf Buy the red balls then you can see where they land

Ps If it really gets bad im shure the Us will come & rescue you they do it for every other country in the world or at least send you a few Billion $

Iv'e tried Red ,Yellow, Green, Brown, Blue, Pink & Black but keep bending the clubs. We dont use the small stuff over here and we play in Viking weather

That's where I am every night,but without the booze.

Definately detected a hint of disdain with regard to my stopping in with a couple of bottles of the good stuff and then shock! to find out Poohbear has been knocking em back in the bar of the Black Boy with Wilfred Bramble, the secrets out!, what is it deary "A drop of Gin" or did you make it to Yate's for a glass of "Jungle Juice"

Disdain?....Drink yourself into a stupor for me mush.I don't drink at home,never have.The whole point of drinking to my mind is in company in a pleasant pub.And I haven't done that since the smoking ban.

My visit to the Black Boy was 40 odd years ago.