Psycho for England Manager?

Now that Italian idiot has thankfully quit, and Redknapp has miraculously been cleared of corruption charges, what happens next?

I can't see Redknapp leaving Spurs, a successful team at the moment, to take over the poisoned chalice of the England job. My money is on Stuart Pierce, at least on a temporary basis, though those people at the FA will no doubt appoint some obscure Latvian hockey player.

• 4 years later...

LOL indeed,...........bumped this from 2012,..........we did'nt have clue then and 4 yrs on we still don't..............gum chewing Allardice even mentioned in this mornings paper............and worse still a German called Klinnsman........God help us............

It doesn't matter one iota who's in charge. We just haven't got the home grown talent, and don't tell me about Tottenham players for crikeys sake just look at the top teams. Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, barely an Englishman amongst them.

We've always had a smattering of Scots, Welsh and Irish players, but these are now confined mainly to the Championship and lower.

The foreign players who have REALLY lit up the Premier League and influenced our players, you don't need more than two hands to count them. Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Ronaldo, Cantona, Drogba, .... Well there you go, I'm struggling myself now.

No doubt everyone will have their own favourites to add, but these few have done it year in, year out.

The majority of the rest were / are extremely mediocre.

Both Psycho and Roy Keene's attempts at management showed that 'extreme commitment' and 'intensity' are not enough when it comes to running a successful football team.

Man-management skills, tactics and indeed confidence are equally important.

Having all those attributes together is a rare thing indeed.

As far as England is concerned, I never disliked Hodgson.

As I said before, he was great at press conferences and diplomacy, but he never got to grips with the fact that England continually 'bottle it' on the international stage. His tactics were naive and the players never looked at ease.

If there's someone out there who can instill confidence in English players and get them to play internationally as well as they do domestically, then we should snap him up.

Unfortunately, the idiots at the FA seem incapable of seeing talent over diplomacy and, I am sure, will simply appoint yet another 'Yes man'.

Ok, I'll offer my services. Not short on confidence, but unfit, tactically naive, bombastic, un diplomatic, downright sarcastic at times, laconic and churlish. That OK.

You've no chance fly,.......i know a man whos also not short on confidence,reasonably fit,tactically aware,never bombastic,always diplomatic,never sarcastic,a bit of a creep and very well dressed tie,armbands,cuff-links,the lot............and he never even got an interview..................lol.

• Upvote 1

I could never guess who that was Benjamin.

• Upvote 1