• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her name's Etta (The Lambretta), I'm an Etta James fan.................

Trying to recapture my Mod days of mid sixties, & now retired, I 've just purchased a 1964 Li 150 import from Italy got my new number & all is good to go with my renovation of this lovely icon

Some very nice scooters on these photos :

Havnt a clue never got into Harleys

But he builds them shows them then cant sell them lol

About $30,000 in the yellow one

Cant even ride them look at the brakes

That's how I remember the Mods, masses of them. We were always outnumbered, but made up for it by being taller and heavier, and that could have been because we didn't take those appetite inhibitors. LOL.

We were always outnumbered, but made up for it by being taller and heavier

And had big hobnailed boots, as I remember :)

I'm torn between wanting a 60s scooter and a 70s Honda CB400 four.

The theme at the Mid-Ohio Vintage Motorcycle Weekend this year is "Mods & Rockers"! We are experiencing a huge resurgence in the popularity of Cafe Racers which is what has prompted the theme.

The vintage weekend is always a blast, and could be especially so this year - we will be there!

And had big hobnailed boots, as I remember :)

The knee length black leather boots were to protect from rain and snow,and were fur lined for warmth, if not we wore long, thick, white fishermen's socks. The hobnails prevented frequent trips to the cobblers, but had the effect of freezing our feet in winter.

They also were good for throwing up a shower of sparks when cornering.

Later on in the 70's we took to wearing pit boots, these had better soles, but the steel toecaps were still cold in winter. Thing was they were free.

I'm torn between wanting a 60s scooter and a 70s Honda CB400 four.

I have a '78 KZ-650 - very much in the same vein as the CB400. Over here all the CB fours, but especially the 500 to 750 range, have become VERY popular. Also becoming more collectible are the 70's era CB350 twins! Great little bikes!