And is Steve Foster any relation of a biker called Dave Foster who would be in his fifties by now?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her name's Etta (The Lambretta), I'm an Etta James fan.................

Trying to recapture my Mod days of mid sixties, & now retired, I 've just purchased a 1964 Li 150 import from Italy got my new number & all is good to go with my renovation of this lovely icon

Some very nice scooters on these photos :

re the vespa split ring thing, I swopped a bsa bantam for a vespa that had had that problem, when the lad repaired it he forgot or didn't know about the woodruff key so got no drive. I didn't know about such either, only did the swop as even not running worth more, he was quite peeved when he saw it working again, anyway used it quite abit, when building 650 Triumph chop, even went down hart on it and to robin hood rally, had it pinched twice (same youth) first time I let it go, 2nd time a battering! literally ran it into the ground in finish, one cock up I did make though was when clutch cable snapped I ripped it out, bad mistake! finished up with external clutch cable

Those cables running through the frame were illegitimate!

inner cable was ok, but if outer was cream crackered only way to do it was get an inner cable over twice as long, put new outer on it then thread though old outer, once through it SHOULD pull that out with new one taking it's place. (maybe, touch wood, hopefully)

Did you know a lad by the name of Geoff Dallison (Dallitson?) in Bestwood Park Est RGR?

He definitely had a sister. Can't be sure but Sue rings a bell and he lived (I think) not far from the block of shops at the top of Bestwood Park Drive. In 1967/8 he was training to be a brickie. Don't know after that.

Thanks Jackson, though it was 2 weeks ago, don't know how mistake came or about, or why it didn't stay altered when I changed the date? by the way I didn't see reply to a question I asked re where you used to live etc? if I missed it sorry, (pc if you wish)

62 mph

It's a rubbish top speed but I suppose that a Scooby Doo at 62MPH would be quite unstable.

Happy days RGR. Days when a job was something you could do to save up for a long holiday, pack it in and then get another job when you came back.