The name is Trevor, born at The Firs in 1946, lived in Holme and Carnarvon Roads in West Bridgeford before moving to Cliff Drive in Radcliffe on Trent in 49-50. Went to school at Radcliffe Infants School until 1957 and then onto Bramcote Grammar and then Arnold High School.

Left Cliff Drive when my father built what was then Trevart Kennels (now the site of the RSPCA complex). As well as Trevart Kennels, my father ran the Shell Garage in Castle Boulevard before he sold Trevart Kennels to the RSPCA, exited the lease on Castle Boulevard and built and developed a Shell Garage in Wollaton Vale next to the Hemlockstone Hotel. We moved to Wollaton, lived in Mapledene Crescent, and after a few years came out here to Australia in 1964 (beat the Beatles by one month).

Have many memories of Nottingham and Radcliffe and am planning on returning to England for the first time in the not too distant future. I have to show my wife some of the old haunts, if they are still there!

Was told about this website a few days ago and have found it lives up to its name. It has been very nostalgic to view the photographs and read members recollections of the good old days. I can associate with a lot of it since my grandmother (Mary Reaville) had a stall at Central Market and also worked later at Raleigh, one Aunt (Madge Wilson) was at Sainsburys and then Boots, an Uncle (Harold [Tug] Wilson) worked for Boots Fire Station at Beeston, another Aunt (Jean Reaville) was at Players. One Uncle John {Jack} Allison was in the was in the Education Department Offices in that monolith at Trent Bridge whilst my father worked for Shipstones as a driver when he came out of the Army after the war up until the time he went into business for himself. My own memories have been rekindled by what I have seen on this site as well.

Anybody who remembers my relatives or me, please drop me a line.

Many regards

Trevor and Helen

Morning and Welcome Trevor and Helen

Thanks for your comprehensive introduction.

Look forward to you input and any questions,

Let us know when you are coming over,

Who told you about us?

Ayup and welcome there Trevor. Don't forget to put yourself on the 'member map'

Hello and welcome Trevor. My father worked for the education Department all his working life. I worked at Raleigh for a while. Mother in law at Boots, father in law transport manager at Shipstones and my wife at Sainsburys for a short time. I fail on Market trader and fireman although there was a Policeman if that counts.

I think you will find Nottingham very different now as a lot has changed since 1964 and sadly not all for the better. Let us know when you come over as I and am sure some others on here would be happy to meet you and point you in the right direction.

hi Trevor, & welcome to you & yours, I'm sure you'll find many kindred spirits with similar recollections of the Nottingham you remember....................

Thank you for the welcome.

It is unfortunate that I have no pictures of my childhood Nottingham, just memories on which I could write all day but will not bore you, besides, I have to spend my time looking through this website!

Until next time.

As other have said, best of welcomes Trevor.

I hope you have a pleasant and nostalgic stay back in your home town, in the meantime,you can have a little up-to-date drive through Nottingham and see what yoyu can remember, on the below:

As other have said, best of welcomes Trevor.

I hope you have a pleasant and nostalgic stay back in your home town, in the meantime,you can have a little up-to-date drive through Nottingham and see what yoyu can remember, on the below:

Thanks Stu. If it wasn't for the Slab Square and a couple of the old buildings, I would be wondering what planet the video was taken. I have Googled the town quite a few times and with the benefit of still photography can eventually work out some of the old spots but your video left me guessing.

People are right when they say that you will not recognise the place after an absence of 50 years!