Haunted Nottingham - Andrew James Wright

It (Ouija) produces some strange results. I've known a dog bark to order and glass push against me with only my finger resting on it.

THE GUYS NAME YOU STAYED WITH WAS NOT BILL BAINBRIDGE BY ANY CHANCE HE LIVED IN OUR HOUSE BEFORE WE MOVED IN ALWAYS SAID THERE WAS A GOST OF A MONK IN THE HOUSE SAID HE USED TO SEE IT IN THE PASSAGE LEADIND FROM THE FRONT DOOR BUT I NEVER SAW IT BUT AS I SAID IN OTHER THREAD MY SON USED TO DESCRIBE A MONK WHO USED TO SIT ON THE EDGE OF HIS BED AND TALK TO HIM. TOO YOUNG AT THE TIME TO KNOW WHAT A MONK WAS OR THE HISTORY OF THE PRIORY.

P&B: The man's name was Brian Saunders. I stayed there during May and June 1973. I've marked the house on the attached map with a blue spot. There was a substantial part of an old stone wall in his grounds.

scan0004.jpg?gl=GB

I remember doing the Ouija board thing,smeared a thin layer of clear vasaline jelly on the upturned base of the wine glass,to prevent anyone pushing or pulling the glass. We were entertained by the spirit of a sailor who served on HMS Hood,a gun layer.

He asked if one of us could tell his sister he was OK,(he was killed in action),she lived on Alfred st'central.Someone laughed and the glass flew across the room,and shattered before it hit the wall, that was about 40 years ago.

I have never tried anything like it since, my experience was that I had got beyond my understanding and it felt wrong.

A tricky decision: Do you tell his sister or do you just keep shtum? It would have been nice to know if she really was there and if teh glass told you thngs that could be confirmed....but, how would it have felt for his sister to be reminded of her loss by a stranger?

I would think that you didn't approach her?

Hey Mudgie - I am just down Hwy 46 from you - in an RV park in Mims - any chance of getting together for a beer?