A gory subject but how long do you think a queen wasp can live without a head? I had one in the shed the other day; now, I encourage wasps in the garden, they are an ace predator of insect pests, but I don't want another nest in the shed. The wasp refused to be caught alive and insisted on entangling itself in a large web. It was in a hopeless state so I thought quickly - the web was around a light so I couldn't swat it. A pair of scissors were at hand so I swiftly severed the wasps head thinking it would be an instantaneous death. WRONG! 24 hrs later it finally expired! Video evidence available but a bit too gory to publish without express requests.

Oh I dunno - I have known people who have lived for years without USING their heads, my guess is that if they lost it, they wouldn't notice! ;)

• Upvote 1

When I worked for BPB Instruments in East Leake, one of the guys always referred to me as "fruit bat"!

"Factory Cat" Always at work.

In the police some officers are referred to as "the Olympic torch" (never goes out).

Perhaps even more could be called that today!

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of ASPRO...white and slow acting.

Suppose that is not politically correct these days though!!!!