Where has Nottstalgia gone ??

There's only so much chat about Nottingham unfortunately...if I pick up on anything interesting I'd post it...but there are only so many on here interested in ancient Nottingham.

Let's hear more about Nottingham from you Nottstalgian detectives (please) who have the time & inclination to keep us 'expats' informed re' latest changes, good or bad, which affect everyday life in Nott'm, & the surrounding areas.

Everyones memories of Nottingham have an important relevance to them, & sharing those memories to perhaps encourage likeminded to do the same is what this place is all about.........................it's raison d'etre, if you'll excuse my schoolboy French............. :)

Ms Jackson I remember not to long ago when someone posted,reading about what we did as kids was getting 'same old, same old'. Maybe some members are holding back on posting.

poohbear,I for one am always interested in the history of my home city,so I say 'Post and be damned Sir'.

Honest opinion ??

It's what happens when mods/Admins dont remind people what a forum entitled "Nottstalgia" is really there for !

We've got at least 2 separate threads started by a member expaining her absence, and there are other posts in different threads too !, we've got one or two members who think they have to reply to every single topic, even if it's just to add "I agree" or "LOL" or simply reiterating what has been said by others instead of adding there own views!

Don't get me wrong, there's loads of good stuff posted and it's a pleasure to read a lot of folks posts and new topics.

Oh and there's too many argumentative boggers on here ............................ slywink

• Upvote 1

Honest opinion ??

I don't exactly disagree with the gentleman's point of view. I think the problem might be that if Admins/Mods took a very strong line, they might be accused of being heavy-handed killjoys.

The solution would be to find a balance which will appeal to all. (i.e. virtually impossible :unsure: )

I think they are showing us the door

The part i do most of my posting in is Owt abaht nowt i didnt notice it had to be about Notts only

And to be honest i have more bad memories about Nottingham than good

If you want to hear the bad its fine with me just let me know

Paulus, let's get back to nostalgic times (this is what this site's about): did you ever go to the Forum or Aspley pictures when you was a kid, Saturday afternoon matinees? :)

Lived opposite the Forum, 458 Asplety lane, from age 12, but before that Sat' Matinees at the Forum were the norm' for us kids. Tanner upstairs, thruppence downstairs,;

Charlie Chan & his number 1 son

Flash Gordon

Batman

Davy Crockett

Possibly more I can't recall.......................... :biggrin: There you go Nottstalgia's working again

The part i do most of my posting in is Owt abaht nowt i didnt notice it had to be about Notts only

Nobodies saying posts have to be about Nottingham...but the name is Nottstalgia for Christs sake...I'm on a birdkeeping forum...it has a chat section, but most of the posts are about birds...not surprising really? If your memories are more bad than good what the hell are you on here for?...

• Upvote 1

There's only so much chat about Nottingham unfortunately...if I pick up on anything interesting I'd post it...but there are only so many on here interested in ancient Nottingham.

Count me in as very much one of them.

I am very interested in hearing what you have to say dg. Please keep posting, it's always particularly thought-provoking and fascinating to hear perspectives from further afield and you do that well.

• Upvote 1

i really do enjoy the pieces on old nottingham and enjoy joining in with the various topics but it also nice to here what other expats around the world get up to but especially there memories of when they lived in nottinham as when you still live here you dont always notice the changes that have happened untill some one reminds you of how it used to be or look.

Ok get ready for it !!!!

Last time i was over i didnt feel safe in or around nottingham.

My opinion like it or not.

i really do enjoy the pieces on old nottingham and enjoy joining in with the various topics but it also nice to here what other expats around the world get up to but especially there memories of when they lived in nottinham as when you still live here you dont always notice the changes that have happened untill some one reminds you of how it used to be or look.

Well put Babs, that's exactly how I see it.

Ok get ready for it !!!!

Last time i was over i didnt feel safe in or around nottingham.

My opinion like it or not.

No major surprise - I live here and feel like that all the time! :)

Can anyone tell me what this thread is about?

There are numerous areas to post specific subjects about Notts.

There is even an area (soap box) where you can moan if you like.

The only rules that apply to this forum are the ones you agreed to at the time you joined.

You don't even need to read them because they are common sense.

There certainly is not a rule that says you cant moan about Nottingham.

Board staff are not responsible for members content but they will use common sense to

remove objectionable material, remove excess quotes, split or move posts to an appropriate area.

The board is not just for Nottstalgia, but Nostalgia as well, that's why we have a world audience.

We are the Best. All down to the membership.

• Upvote 1