• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

old ace paid a suprize visit to whitehart on thursday night said it took them 15 and a half hours to get across on the ferry from shetland to aberdeen instead of usual 12 hours at the rate this weathe

I really hope that was a poor attempt at a joke on your part. Because, as you've never had kids of your own, you will never, ever, be able to appreciate the pain we will all go through tomorrow when

We got back to the Auld Rock OK. The weather here is sunny with a slight frost at night. When we were in Notts I had hoped to visit Wollaton Park, but decided against it because of the ice underfoot.

i walked to the supermarket for some bits,and because of the snow it was crazy people buying so much stuff,please tell me will there be no more food available from today,best of all saw a postie walking through carlton with his shorts on,god bless him,what is the deal with the posties and wearing shorts in all weathers

old ace paid a suprize visit to whitehart on thursday night said it took them 15 and a half hours to get across on the ferry from shetland to aberdeen instead of usual 12 hours at the rate this weathers going it going to take him weeks to get back home it will be nearly time for him to be comming back down for rockers reunion begining of august only four months to go.

• Upvote 2

old ace paid a suprize visit to whitehart on thursday night said it took them 15 and a half hours to get across on the ferry from shetland to aberdeen instead of usual 12 hours at the rate this weathers going it going to take him weeks to get back home it will be nearly time for him to be comming back down for rockers reunion begining of august only four months to go.

We got back to the Auld Rock OK. The weather here is sunny with a slight frost at night.

When we were in Notts I had hoped to visit Wollaton Park, but decided against it because of the ice underfoot. Last Saturday, St James Street near Maid Marion Way was too treacherous for my Mrs with her three wheeled perambulator to make it to the Roe Buck or the Sal, so we were marooned in the Hotel. A 330ml bottle of Tiger Beer was £7.80, so we phoned a friend who brought some cans and we had a drink in our room.

We still enjoyed our trip, especially seeing the soon to retire government chief scientist on TV explaining that the cold snap was all to do with man-made climate change. I remain unconvinced.

• Upvote 2

glad you got back ok old ace still very cold here and odd light snow shower but nothing like it was on saturday we stayed in from friday till sunday lunch then only ventured as far as the heart for lunch as we had not been out to shop for sunday lunch had lunch white hart then straight back hom did not go out again till tuesday nice here got into derbyshire heavy snow in places sunny in others, came home via baslow chesterfield top of hill between baslow and chesterfield thick snow diggers digging out snow on side roads bottom of hill in chesterfield no snow at all.

• 1 month later...

Price war in Henley Beach! 1 garage started at 99 cents /litre and others had to compete. .Cheapest 97 cents./litre.

Oh and temp to be 30 C today. I am not looking forward to freezing to death in Melbourne this Mother`s day w/e.

Wow get a bigger tank Stan and fill the bugger up at that price..I paid $1.28 per litre last week.Now it's gone up to $1.48 in Wesern Sydney.

We get ups and downs every week.

Baz :ninja:

I cannot remember the last time it was below $1-20 here in Melbourne.

Crafty bastarreds are advertising petrol prices for ULP on their electronic billboards BUT that price is the discounted price after your 8 cent Coles voucher.

As far as ups and downs every week...you are lucky!!! I'm only allowed ups and downs on my birthday and Christmas. :rotfl:

It's around £1.35 for diesel here at the moment , after peaking at around £1.46 a few weeks back .

$3.57 Gal less 3% if i put it on the card with 3% cashback for using the business card

My friend in UK says he puts in 10 quid a week & i got to thinking about it & its about a gallon & a half, I might make it to the next gas station & the boat would last about 4min if i romped on it

• 5 years later...

One winters day at Dunkirk fire station, I was sent on an errand to Stockhill on the fogrider Triumph Thunderbird sidecar outfit. Snow all cleared off the road, no problem.

Out onto the boulevard powering left off the roundabout. The chair came right up, right hand lock to bring it down and head for a pile of cleared snow in the central reservation. Except it was 2" of snow on some re-surfacing rubble. Bang crash. I looked back at the station to see all the lads upstairs watching out of the rec room window. 

A concrete hydrant post was always on the floor of the sidecar to help keep it on the road. The devils had removed it before I set off , for a laugh !

One of those memories of the City that lasts a long time !