Busy day in the garden today.

Well, what a busy day! Cleaned, de-weeded and re-planted 3 Blueberries and potted up a baby one to make a total of four. Repaired tunnel after the big storm over the past two days. Planted numerous summer flowering perennials and took cuttings from my ivy. Just have to get tea ready before 5:30 and I'm in the clear with SWMBO

wahey1.jpg?gl=GB

Not till it dries out a bit...as for cuttings from ivy...a few lengths in a milk bottle of water, and hey presto lotsa roots in a few weeks.Well worth the effort for hanging baskets if you have one of the fancy ones.

Where I live gardeners have to run with what will grow. Our season is very short and climate not exactly good for gardening. If I plant other climbers, with a couple of exceptions, they get destroyed by the winter.

Ivy has a habit of destroying wahat it grows up, So I like the idea of putting it in hanging baskets,

Even if I hate Hanging baskets, too much watering in summer :(

:biggrin: Was out in my back garden yesterday afternoon, tidying up: mowed lawn, swept paths, attended to conifers. Love Winter gardening when it's dry and there's a sharp wind blowing - good for the complexion. It felt good to be out on my small piece of land, easily forgotten was the past two weeks of the freezing cold, snowy landscape.

This afternoon, I'm tackling my front garden; hope the sun's still shining. When I've finished it'll be a job well done. :biggrin:

PS: Anybody notice that it stayed light last night up till quarter to 6? Hooray! Hooray! :biggrin: Spring will soon be here.

:biggrin: Accomplished what I set out to do this afternoon: tidied my front garden. A job well done.

Rewarded myself with a big mug of tea after, plus one of my grandson's chocolate cakes that he'd made in his school cookery lesson. It's good that the young men are allowed to take cookery lessons, fits them up for life; gone are the days when at school only girls did cookery and the boys, woodwork. :biggrin:

PS: Anyway, I gave young William 10/10 for his scrumptious chocolate cake.

• Upvote 1

Yes the garden centre at Anstey has many varieties of potatoes.

Been there today.

Epicure(First earlies) x30

Maris Piper(Main Crop) x50

Piccaso(Main Crop)x100

Onion sets(Turbo)

just over £18 the lot smile.gif

Been out in the garden today, first time 'gardening' in the back garden since moving here. I have two raised beds, so all the old and dead plants were ripped out, soil dug over, rocks and bits of brick removed. The little square of mud and sand (assuming the previous tenants where preparing for turf) so i dug that over too, going to slap some turf down in a few weeks so hopefully itll be ready for summer. Going to buy some bulbs from poundland at the weekend as well, i bought loads of bulbs and seeds from them last year and was rather shocked how decent they were to say they were from pound shop! Going to a local nursery in a couple of weeks and getting some plants. Although the price and condition of the ones at Tall Tree's are good value, i have a nosey every weekend as we end up visiting every saturday to buy fish and fish supplies

Pretty well the only thing I've done in my garden recently is wood chopping. With the slightly more clement weather though I'm looking at the lawns and thinking 'lawnmower'.

I make just take the plunge...

Pretty well the only thing I've done in my garden recently is wood chopping. With the slightly more clement weather though I'm looking at the lawns and thinking 'lawnmower'.

I make just take the plunge...

Don't be tempted Stu, once you start that lark you'll have to keep going til November!

They are selling fruit bushes at Aldi £2.49.

I got three evergreen thornless Blackberry canes for that price.

I'll be propogating plants from them.

I assume they will grow from cuttings?

thumbsup After the recent freezing snow fall and the long thaw, my lawn was mowed at the first opportunity - and it now looks healthy, green and beautiful.

I'm not bothered about cutting it until almost the end of the year; I enjoy trimming the lawn, it inspires me to want to tackle the rest of the garden. :biggrin:

You've started it now!!!.....................that grass will just keep growin' back, again & again, you mark my words!!.................. kickme

Blueberry, gooseberry and blackcurrant bushes at Factory Shop £2:00 each. Also roses £2:00 each. The roots are about what you'd expect for two quid but given care they will thrive and be in production next year.

Don't be tempted Stu, once you start that lark you'll have to keep going til November!

Hopefully it will snow again tonight/tomorrow and put paid to any such tomfoolery, Lizzie. :)

I was told once that grass never stops growing - it only slows, during the winter. Thank goodness for that at least!