• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

July 28 1813 An eccentric framework knitter named James Hutchinson died this day aged 93 . He never was more than seven miles from Nottingham, never drank a cup of tea in the course of his long life a

Sept 28 1818 from The date-book of remarkable and memorable events connected with Nottingham ... By John Frost Sutton . An event of the most appalling description of which the local records affo

In my working life I met many strange people. One house I visited had a room devoted to storing the occupants urine in flatop milk bottles. The rear ground floor room had bottles filled to the top,

You can rearrange the letters of :

Twelve plus one

to

Eleven plus two .

But did you know that a "Blue Moon" is the second full moon in a calendar month although it is rarely blue.

Talking about the nose....Did you know that our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

Pearls dissolve in vinegar. So don't wear pearls when eating fish 'n' chips!

Male bats have the highest rate of homosexuality of any mammal. I wonder who measured that?!

Ha Ha.....But did you know that all bats when flying out of their caves (and closets) will always fly to the left?

However, did you know that a manned rocket can reach the moon in less time than it used to take to travel the length of England by stagecoach.

A yard of ale was designed to meet the needs of stagecoach drivers who were in a rush to get to their final destinations.

At various coaching stops the drivers would be handed ale in a yard glass through an inn window, the glass being of sufficient length for the driver to take it , without leaving his coach.

• Upvote 1