Can anyone transfer a Video to DVD ??

Asked the same question myself the other week Kev and was told it costs about £5.00 to transfer over to disc, I thought there could be a program to download to do it yourself but was told by the same person you need special equipment

Rog

We have done that with quite a few Video's, We use a lead to connect vid player to DVD recorder, probably the one on the ebay link?

And how about old cine film? I know that there are companies that do it, but it costs a fair bit per foot and I have soooooo many reels from my grandfather, father and my own (before the video became popular),It would cost a bomb to get them all done professionally.

Looked at that and some similar ones (maybe from Maplin) but on reading some of the reviews I got the impression the picture quality wasn't up to much and being a tight sod decided not to waste my money, there is a bit on you tube with some American guy showing you how to do it and he passed comment on the quality

Rog

Hi Darkanza. Cine film is quite possible if you have a video camera. I used a pretty crude method but it seemed to work just fine. Set up my 8mm projector close to the screen. Couple of feet or so from it. This resulted in a pretty bright image about 18 inches wide. Zoomed the camera in until the image filled the viewfinder Plugged the output of the vid camera directly into my computer. (You can do that with many of todays cams. Some even use a firewire connection and digitize the image. I use a video editing program called "Pinnacle" Saved the video direct to the computer's hardrive then I could edit the video and add music and commentary. One of my 8mm videos is available on Youtube. Search under the name Sollylab if you want to see how it looks. Nottingham city center 1974.

Good idea to do it. I noticed how the color on my movie film is fading. This way I was able to make DVDS and give them to my kids for posterity.

The companies that can do this seem to get varying reports and I have not seen any results that look much better than my method. There is not much resolution on 8mm film to start with.

Ah, slight problem there too, my projector doesn't work, and I think I had a problem trying to get one, even off ebay for my film. I've a feeling it's not standard 8mm. At the moment its lurking in the loft somewhere. But thanks for the advice. I shall see if we can get hold of a projector and give it a go.

I got a similar model to one of those and it did "diddlysquat" . Look on Amazon and get one with the best reviews .

I got the best results by playing the VHS video through my TV DVD Recorder using a scart to phono plugs lead and then transferring it to disc from that but its not so good if you have to do a lot of editing .

mick I have 2 machines that cost just over £200 from Tesco..... I can transfer video tape to DVD or other way round... not difficult just put tape in slot and blank dvd in tray and press record. easy peasy - can i help you? Toshiba DVD/Video cassette recorder DVR19DT

The Film is from 1974.....The Snoop Sisters ' the Devil made me do it '....recorded it off tv many years ago...Its got Alice Cooper in it..( which was rare back then )....

Bendigo...I'de be interested if you could let me know what you would want to do it for me...and you're not far from me here in Kimberley.

I used to have a DVD Burner that was plugged into my Video...but it died.

darkazana, I have two projectors in one of my sheds, I think one of them is about new, still in the box, both going free if you want them

Rog

There is a torrent with no seeds,

The.Dead.Files.S01E02.The.Devil.Made.Me.Do.It.HDTV.XviD-FQM

but it sounds like you are sorted :)

Its a 'Snoop Sisters' Film Mick...not the Dead Files...

I'm Sorted ??

darkazana, I have two projectors in one of my sheds, I think one of them is about new, still in the box, both going free if you want them

Rog

Thanks Rog, thats very kind of you. Perhaps we can arrange a time when we can come over?

Debs

I can transfer VHS to DVD and vice versa if you want. You will have to send me the video. Apologies - I see you are already sorted on teh issue :)

Yer welcome mate :) I have a Panasonic combi-recorder. Results will be no better than the original VHS though. It doesn't enhance picture quality like the top gear does. It will do the job though and it's FREE :D

I've got a mountain of camcorder tapes to put onto DVD. There are different sizes from different camcorders. The one I've been using for a while uses a Memory Card. They were all shot from different places around the World and some I've never played back. It'll take me forever to get them onto CD's and when I've finished, CD's will have become obsolete...lol