Most played record at the White Hart has to be ......Friday on my mind............ The easybeats

At the Palais it was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The nashville teens forgot the name of the song though

Jacks Cafe it has to be River deep mountain high Tina Turner

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was on Facebook.   What happens to old Mods.

I remember seeing Bolt at R.O.T in 1961, was it him or some other biker who had barbed wire wrapped around his jacket? His outfit was known as Bolt's Coffin. Another guy called Johnny Dench had a com

No,no,no,no,no, oh ok then. Many years ago on a Nottingham Forest trip to Lyon . Lots of beer, then lots of Cotes Du Rhone, then a "bumpy" taxi ride to the ground shook me up so I fell into the arms

Re White Hart, there were many regular records played, Spirit In The Sky has to be up amongst the most popular post 1969? before that I recall Summer in the city, Wild Thing, The Stones and Beatles plus many others, inc the flower power songs of 1967, Incidentally when did The Hart get to be bikers pub upstairs? had been going to Jacks, Robins and Sheds, then met a girl at work not really into bikes scene, cept as transport type of thing, got engaged, then we split up and my share of "bottom drawer" money went on deposit for a 1959 Bonneville, worst bike I ever owned! £25 deposit and 7s 6d a week for 99 years or something like that! trouble from day one, never paid a single instalment though and change of address foiled RIGP! Anyway first night I got it, a friday, went to aforementioned and nobody about! but someone in jack's said all down the never even heard of White Hart! thereafter 3 or 4 nights every week till 1974

When I DJayed Saturday nights at the White Hart 1975-6 the most popular record was L.A.Woman by the Doors.

Ashley do you remember when, one Sunday dinner, we both met at the Hart 2 hours early. We had both altered the clocks the wrong way.

Yes I recall that, remember sitting outside for ages till it dawned on us, was it 2 hours? I know there was a period when clocks went forward/back double time? don't know why we were there? not a usual thing did you get my pc re the other white hart?

We were there because for a short time there was a Sunday lunchtime scene on the go at the Hart, and you and I were regulars. The 41 club were there also, Ivert etc. BTW the other Hart was near Grantham.

Skeggy bash is 3,4,5, August this year. A lot of folk would love to see you there.

Anyone remember a Rocker at the White Hart who was known as Garth and rode a Japanese twin with very narrow clip-ons? We used to race up University Boulevard and back aka the London Aces on the N.Circular.

white hart upstairs started 1964 after requests by john price ,ray john coombes ect tom let them use it friday and sat nights to start with and it gradually by 1965 buit up to thurseday till sunday nights, what about hi ho siver linning ash.garth still in the states is now on rockers reunion .

• 11 months later...

Hi,hope this is O.K for a first post,

Ugetsu, youvegottohavefreedom.

How the writer from Nottingham Alan Fletcher, author of the wonderful Mod Crop Trilogy of books, placed some stories from his youth into the film version of The Who's 'Quadrophenia',

Presented by John Holmes. Thanks to Realmodworld for the link.

First and last post?

Anyway watched Quadrophenia again last night, still a moving film for me.

Can anyone tell me why it was so called?

No, The Police had already around four or five hit singles and a couple of big-selling albums by then I think. Sting was a pretty big name already. He'd not done much acting though I don't think. A lot of faces in that film that went on to have good careers!

I would have thought the 'Dungeon'should have had a bigger role in the interview. As I recall people came from all over to see the artists on stage,and soak up the atmosphere.

The guy mentioned the Supremes and Marvin Gaye, and he didn't know where the 'DJ's got the records from'!!

To much about Skeggy, sounded like he was the tourism director for Skegness.

Being a mod in Nottingham,was more than bank holiday 'punch ups'at the seaside,as I am sure many old mods on the site will agree.

It was the music, the clothes,the people,and the freedom.

Stu, you are right.

Sting has been going longer than I though, now thinking about it 70s and not 80s.

And the film is more recent than I thought. Sting does look very young in it.

I would have thought the 'Dungeon'should have had a bigger role in the interview. As I recall people came from all over to see the artists on stage,and soak up the atmosphere.

The guy mentioned the Supremes and Marvin Gaye, and he didn't know where the 'DJ's got the records from'!!

To much about Skeggy, sounded like he was the tourism director for Skegness.

Being a mod in Nottingham,was more than bank holiday 'punch ups'at the seaside,as I am sure many old mods on the site will agree.

It was the music, the clothes,the people,and the freedom.

Spot on mudgie49, for me it was the Dungeon all nighters, whatever we could afford from Jeffs/Burtons (mohair suits), and the freedom was taken for granted............we new it all, we were indestructable....................... :laugh:

I never went to an all-nightwear, Mum wouldn't let me :-(

But I did see loads of stars perform down the Dungeon and Boat Clubs, Sherwood Rooms and top floor of the Tech College. Brilliant times to have grown up in Nottingham.

My friends and I were walking down Hockley past The George Hotel on the way to the Bowling Alley one Sunday afternoon (before we started going to the Dungeon on Sunday afternoon) there was a group unloading their stuff out of a van at the front door of the Hotel. We wandered over, had a chat with these 4 London lads and I got their autographs (yes I know, bit sad carrying your autograph book around!!) turned out it was The Who, just before they broke onto the scene, must have been early 1965??

• Upvote 1

a lot of top groups and artists used to stay at the george hotel in the sixties very convinient for the clubs and theaters and most fans expected them to be stoping at the big hotels so whould hang around them waiting for them to come but of course they never turned up, less hassle went to a few after show parties there.

as for the scooter lads or so called mods now most of them are too young to remember the mod scene in nottingham in the sixties with the exception of a few most could only tell you what there dads have told them about it but would not be able to tell you were half these places were.

My friends and I were walking down Hockley past The George Hotel on the way to the Bowling Alley one Sunday afternoon (before we started going to the Dungeon on Sunday afternoon) there was a group unloading their stuff out of a van at the front door of the Hotel. We wandered over, had a chat with these 4 London lads and I got their autographs (yes I know, bit sad carrying your autograph book around!!) turned out it was The Who, just before they broke onto the scene, must have been early 1965??

1965 was a massive year for The Who as well Lizzie. Life for them would never be the same.

as for the scooter lads or so called mods now most of them are too young to remember the mod scene in nottingham in the sixties with the exception of a few most could only tell you what there dads have told them about it but would not be able to tell you were half these places were.

I don't see anything wrong with that, Babs. Many weren't old enough to be part of the Mods and Rockers scene in the the sixties. If those older Mods passed their tastes down to their sons and daughters then there's nothing wrong with that as far as I can see.

I think it is terrific to see the kids on the scooters emulating the 'mod' era of the 60's.

Those of us, that were part of the original 'in crowd', must get a kick out of the fact that the kids are copying us.

What do these kids do,where do they go,are there clubs to entertain them,as we had?,and lastly,do they have the 'mod gals'?

Babs, stop sounding so old,I know you would be chasing these scooters on your 'cafe racer' if you could. :tease:

• Upvote 1