Sorry to upstage everyone, but.... Seven years ago when I lived in Meadowbank, a suburb of Sydney, for the concession travel cost of UKP1.25 return I could catch a Rivercat (catamaran) from the Meadowbank Wharf along the Paramatta River to CIrcular Quay in the city. Changing there for a ferry through the harbour to Manly. Manly has a short mall/promenade that takes you from the harbour side to the ocean side, with some gorgeous beaches. There also used to be a good fish and chip shop in Manly. The trip each way was in the order of 90 mins. So all up three hours of boat trip for UKP1.25. Magic.

ferry.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here in Sydney we don't get free concessional travel but we do get it very cheap once you get to the old fart stage in life. We can purchase a daily ticket for $2.50 which entitles us to all day trav

As the cost is only incurred when the pass is used, I would suggest that there would be a much greater cost if the pass given to young folk, especially in the evening when they are trying to find work

Tut, tut, you'll get locked up one of these days, mick2me......

I have recently seen vehicles around with number plates appertaining to Guns, thiefs, drugs and killa. Surely the police can see these, or are they worried about their monthly wad. (Allegedly )

:biggrin: I love my bus pass, the freedom it allows me.

The day I received my bus pass at the grand age of 60, I sat on the tram and shouted "Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" :biggrin: ; no more dipping into my purse for change for the bus. I felt like a kid again, or, even better than a kid because as a kid I'd have to spend a penny or two getting to town, library or school.

Just lately, I've been craving a holiday but prospective bills will not allow, so I've been searching my memory for interesting places to go courtesy of my bus pass; let's see now, there's:

:biggrin:)

Loughborough (market)

You can add charity shoos to that jackson there are 14 of them + 2 more just outside the town centre.:)

My wife loves charity shops. I think some of them tend to be a bit overpriced. I love Oxfam because they tend to have some decent books. The one at Sherwood is quite good.

:biggrin: I don't mind Charity Shops as long as they smell pleasantly fragrant upon opening the door..........................

There's one at Oakham that is a splendid example of what to aim for when running one; I thought I'd stepped into a Fancy Goods/ Gift Shop and was most surprised when the friendly cashier informed me that I was buying from a Charity Shop!

PS: So it can be done...........