Stating the bleeding obvious!

I have just assembled a new gas barbecue.

In the instructions it advises me.

"Accessible parts may be very hot"!

Covering their butt in case you sue them for burned fingers, and then say, but you never told me it would get hot!

Reminds me of my ma in law taking back a cracked teapot to the store and the assistant saying, [accusingly] you've put boiling water in this!!!!

I like those containers where they put the manual right at the bottom, then pack the item on top, first two pages of the manual, "How To Unpack "said item"..."

AND, I wished manufacturers would employ "lay" men and women to write the instruction manuals to household electronic items instead of Engineers with ten Doctorate degrees.......

AND, if it's made in China, get someone who can read and write in fluent English to write manuals instead of a peasant who only knows "pidgin" English.

• Upvote 1

Amen to that John.

I'll have to dig out the instructions I got for a piece of fishing gear (A set of electronic bite indicators and the remote unit that goes with them) I recently purchased, it goes on and on about 'to ping, ping , ping, item one and connect 2 and ping, ping, ping till done' I was rolling on the floor !

I rang the suppliers to see if they knew what it meant, they didn't know either, so I switched them on and they were already set up !

My wind turbine manual...

2nd paragraph....."We appreciate your purchase, and are pound this excellent product to you"

Then a brief description....."500W wind generator is directly driven by rotor blades without other powered equipment.The high efficiency wind turbine is settled behind rotor blades, which can help radiate heat"

A warning..."Please don't confuse the blades, otherwise it will cause serious shaking, damage or failure"

How do you confuse the blades......LOL

I had to look up ebullition, I've never come across that word before......

I feel there was something lacking in my English classes at school and tech.....Now I know......LOL

And of course not forgetting warning displayed on packets of peanuts "Warning. May contain nuts" No! Really?

Technically peanuts aren't nuts...

If I can find it the description of 'Peanuts, in some US legislation from a few years back I'll post it for you, It was voted the most confusing piece of gobbledygook ever by the 'plain English society'

The wording was a definition/ description of the difference and laws surrounding the usage of those said definitions re the peanut not being a peanut but actually a 'ground nut' etc etc etc

Peanuts are legumes.member of the bean family of plants... I think they label them with "may contain nuts" is because most of the processing plants also process true nuts and some people are allergic to true nuts.

I'm allergic to "true nuts" that's why we got out of "Kalifornia" before we went nuts.....LOL

• Upvote 1