Goals you set for yourself

Now I try for Daily

I belive it was in 1973 that I finally earned 20 quid a week take home with 40hrs overtime.

The spelling is in the MACHINE you only have to get close then it will change it all to something that you cant even think it could come up with.

And you must remember I went to a crap Nottingham school so I wouldn't even notice.

I didn't say I was rubbish at school I said it was a crap school but then again they said it was approved.

So it looks like I was the only one with Goals.

Here are some

Buy a brand new car done a few times

Buy a house. done

Learn to waterski done

Learn to fly done

Race cars,Bikes,Karts done

Shoot my own gun anytime I want, Doing it.

Learn Guitar still doing it not great but good enough for me.

Catch a big fish still doing it.

Next I will have a go at the wakeboard when I pluck up enough courage.

As a kid, to find my dad who emigrated to Canada in 1957.

Did that via the internet in 1995 traced to Los Angeles.

Many happy visits to him and my new found Aunt in Palm Desert Ca

(she later moved to the British Home in California, Sierra Madre)

Many happy hours and great friends made in California and elsewhere in the US.

I go walking to keep fit, get lots of fresh air and explore the local area. It is only in the last few years that i have taken it really seriously. I now regularly do 20, 30 even 40 miles sometimes and one just over 50 miles recently. I've never been so happy in all my life.

• Upvote 1

I didn't plan the 50 mile one - it just happened!

I started by out walking from Ashfield to Southwell - but it was such a nice day I felt up for it, so I just kept going and going. I was out for 15.5 hours in the end.

I ended up walking across to Fiskerton, down the Trent to Carlton, across to Arnold then through Rise Park (it was dark by then!) to Moor Bridge. I followed the main road up through Hucknall and Annesley and back home to make sure I was under street lights as far as possible.

If it were all in daylight I would have gone a more picturesque route back.

The topic should have been Goals , Guhls Goolies, when you were young

Most of my mates goals was to make it to the pub before it opened lunch time & evening + the dole office on what ever that day it was.

I did go back to the UK after a 15 year absence & they were doing the same even sitting in the same chairs at the pub the only difference was their dog had died.

My life was not going to be staring at the bottom of a glass

You can put me down for my spelling as that's what English people do, I learned that from a kid, Parents ,Teachers always a put down instead of building you up.

If you do find anything wrong with my grammar don't bother letting me know as I don't give a sheet.

• Upvote 4

People who put others down

The topic should have been Goals , Guhls Goolies, when you were young

Most of my mates goals was to make it to the pub before it opened lunch time & evening + the dole office on what ever that day it was.

I did go back to the UK after a 15 year absence & they were doing the same even sitting in the same chairs at the pub the only difference was their dog had died.

My life was not going to be staring at the bottom of a glass

You can put me down for my spelling as that's what English people do, I learned that from a kid, Parents ,Teachers always a put down instead of building you up.

If you do find anything wrong with my grammar don't bother letting me know as I don't give a sheet.

Dgbrit, I agree with all you have wrote above,

You are right about going into a pub after a few years, and it is the same old mates, in the same old places, only older and grayer, I have done the same....