Falcon Inn, Alfreton Road, Canning Circus

This area was known in the 1700s as the Sandhills.A tremendous amount of sandstone has been removed over the years to level the area and there are undoubtably many sand caves undiscovered under the buildings.

Don't get too adventurous when exploring your cellars,the habit was for many years that suicides and hanged criminals would be buried at the crossroads there...you might find more than you bargained for :biggrin:

i know in later years 10 at the most the singh brothers had the pub and an irish lady called ann but carnt remember her last name

• 11 months later...

I ran across this thread after learning of new ownership at The Falcon. One of you posted a list of former proprietors. My grandfather, Jack Turner, is listed. The Falcon is a very special ace to me & my family, & I am so thrilled to learn that the new owners are interested in learning of it's history. I have some that can be offered as well - including the bricking up of the tunnel entry; a rather humorous story.

If anyone is aware of the owners' email addresses, I would be very interested in them

being shared.

Cheers!

Post #14 in this thread is from BornToRock who says he is the new joint owner of The Falcon. He has not posted since July last year, so I'd suggest you PM him via Nottstalgia to contact him.

To send a PM, hover your cursor over his name on the relevant thread and click on 'PM this member'.

#37 - I think The Falcon has closed and reopened since July last year, so Born to Rock may not be the current landlord.

From Nottingham Camra:

The Falcon, Canning Circus, Nottingham

The Falcon has been purchased from Punch Taverns by Lincoln Green Brewery entrepreneur Anthony Hughes and Tina Draper, who has been running the kitchen at The Fellows, Morton & Clayton pub in Canal Street, Nottingham for four years. The Falcon has Real Ales on the bar all the time now some of which are from the Lincoln Green range.

http://www.nottinghamcamra.org/pub-news.php