• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the first single I bought was an instrumental . African Waltz by the Johnny Dankworth Orchestra .  Strange choice for a 12 year old!  

Bit more of my Daughters double......Karolina.......

To me this perfectly evokes growing up in the late 50s-early 60s more than just about any other piece of music.    

Just the tip of one finger on his right hand in a ‘bread slicing’ accident. The third finger on my left hand is the same length as my fourth finger due to a  horticultural accident and has ruined all my chances of being a concert pianist. I did buy an electric keyboard during lockdown. My wife thought I’d mastered it but I had to confess it was in ‘demonstration mode’.

My brother had piano lesson from being 7 and now at 84 he still writes his own music and still plays all classical. I was also given the chance to learn to play, after 2 terms i left, but I can play 3 blind mice and diddle om pom pom. Always wanted to play the violin but the chance came too late,

20 hours ago, Brew said:

I've never heard of anyone before who did like his  clarinet concerto

The Allegro is a tad boring, the adagio is a lovely part but by far the worst is the Rondo.

Overall, not a patch on Acker Bilk's Stranger on the Shore.