#122,

You can't be serious.....Victoria Beckham as Queen, although I must admit she has got the pout.

It was a stupid and immature statement to make hippo girl, presumably made with tongue in cheek. If not, as you used to be a school teacher I'm glad you didn't teach my kids.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK , to put this into perspective, all I hear from the republicans is , 'I want them to give me some of their wealth, but I'm not jealous of them !' What a load of bollocks rubbish, I've never heard

Whilst the monarchy may seem an anachronism to many, there is no doubt that even more see it for what it is, a truly British institution admired across the globe. The cost of the monarchy is minimal t

And if mum and dad buy his clothes from ASDA , he'll have his name-tags ready done ! Saves a lot of fuss and expense !

It wasn't a tongue in cheek statement Robbie. She is deadly serious. She's always had a bee in her bonnet about the Royals.

As I stated earlier, there is an element of envy with some people that they can't shake off and end up being offensive about people who have virtually no control over their destiny. Unlike the rest of us, there is less freedom within the Royal circles.

• Upvote 1

Jesus Christ !!!!! What next ? .... A suggestion that we have James Corden for President. Or David Walliams as Home Secretary.

I nearly topped myself when we had to endure Brown in charge....He achieved in a couple of months what Hitler failed to do in six years.

Rant over........ For a mo..... LOL

No offence intended hippo girl, but you do seem obsessed with denigrating our beloved Royals.

Just having a coffee in my Jubilee mug.... LOL

If you had read previous posts, it was TBI who referred to the Beckhams, I believe hard work whether industry , the media or whatever, should be rewarded......I haven't got a " bee in my bonnet about the royals " ...in my opinion, other than queenie, the rest don't work.....

simples........benefit scroungers......

• Upvote 1

A meagre amount to pay though for the best tourist attraction in the world without a doubt.

I agree about hard work in any field being rewarded.

Coffers, the cost of the Royal Household to the taxpayer in 2012 was £30 million. Great value. Compare that to the cost to the German taxpayer of maintaining the Presidency, estimated at £26 million. Does anyone even know the name of the German President?

With regard to Royal vetoes, I think it's safe to say crafty scheming politicians will always get their way.

Arguments about the Royals are risky aren't they? Can divide families, perhaps the Royal family get heated when discussing the citizens. The Monarchy is perhaps a bit like inoculations, we would rather give it a miss but nice to have it on the paperwork when travelling, while we have Queenie we know no ordinary thug (like Putin) or no great talker (like W Bush) can get the chair.

• Upvote 2

A good debate or discussion should be healthy, emotive, humorous and without malice to its contributors .

What is unhealthy is when members post personnal attacks which are neither relevant to the topic being discussed or the well being of this amazing site.

• Upvote 3

No malice was intended hippo, and it certainly wasn't a personal attack. It was just my interpretation of your thoughts on Royalty.